• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Moab run 2010! MAY 21 - 23

What weekend works best for you? You can pick more than one.

• Last weekend in April

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • First weekend in May

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 2nd weekend in May

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3rd weekend in May

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
Well, things look a bit more promising........

Spoke to the project manager today and got a better idea of what they have planned. The gal at the office made it sound like the streets would be closed off. He assured me that after 5pm, the streets would be fully accessible. It's just during the 7a-5p work houirs that sections will be closed for the duration it takes to apply the tack-coat, let it set, then pave and press. They assured me that as long as my wife doesn't come home any earlier than 5p, she'll have easy access no matter where they get to during the process.

The real issue being the weather...... Looking crappy through Thursday and they don't work weekends. They won't get shit done after today and they started at the other end of the neighborhood.

So, with my luck, they'll be doing it all Tues & Weds when I need to have the truck and trailer out front........ :banghead:

Guess I'll just suck it up and get busy and hope for the best......

Last week before Moab!

How about a roll call? Who's still in, when are you going and where are you staying?

We are in! Getting in Thursday night, staying at Slickrock campground, cabin #1.

Also, if you want to, pm me your cell number so we can touch base when we get there.

caravaning with my friend Zach (wacky around these parts), leaving Thursday morning the 20th to camp 3 nights at Arches NP Campground, sites 46 and 48. May stay an extra day at an unknown location, may come home through Sand Dunes NP, assuming Medano Pass is open...:guitar:

I'm in!

Leaving early Thursday morning and will be caravaning with my friend with a ZJ.

Camping at FireLt's spot in the sticks ( cuz us youngsters don't need no modern man's amenities :D)

Hoping to show up in the early afternoon to maybe run a trail before we set up camp. I gotta stop in GJ for at least an hour or I'll never hear the end of it from my family.

Can't wait to get out there!

Anyone needs my number send a PM.

Still in, and heading out sometime Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I've procrastinated and still have a to do list to finish this weekend, namely a water pump.. We're in a tent site at slickrock.

As for everyone's phone numbers, should we send out a list just in case someone needs help if they breakdown on the way out/back?

Looks like I may be a no-go. :( The wifes mini van took a shit and I gotta fork out the moolah to fix it. Had to drive the XJ to work today and the rear shaft is screaming at me! FAWK!!!!! So that has to be addressed also. I might be able to swing out for saturday if I can get the shaft back in time! :cry:

I will be there Wednesday.

Staying out in the desert.

Feel free to join us, there will be plenty of room. Please bring some firewood for the nightly bonfire. If you want drink, thats fine by me, but please be of legal age (and don't be a dick!).

You can call me for directions.
970-326-7612.

Despite going MIA from the board for the last month or so, I'm in. I'm planing on heading out Thursday morning. Wouldn't mind tagging along with some folks caravaning out. Wusing out and staying at the Lazy Lizard in town.

We just got back from running some trails in Penrose.

Our fix list just grew a lot of $$$ bigger.

Last edited:
I've too have been MIA from the board alot lately and just got back in town from visiting family.

Troy I hope it's not too late to help with those gears! I've got some time today and some tomorrow. PM'd you.

I'll get into Moab Thursday afternoon and staying at Rodeway Inn, I was going to rough it and stay out in the desert somewhere, but wimped out for a comfy motel room.

So I will either come by Slickrock or catch you guys at whatever trail you all are running Friday. I'm really looking forward to the wheeling!

Terry

Anybody from the Springs leaving Thursday, and want to go the slow southern route? I don't think I want to beat my almost dead horse on I-70, but it tools along at 60-65 pretty good.

Fred

Fred, You're welcome to caravan with us, we'll be slow since I'm pulling the trailer and my friend Zach is towing his jeep... meeting in Morrison Thus. A.M., time not yet set in stone, but you could certainly follow us up to I-70 as well...

I'm trying to avoid I-25 and I-70. I don't think I could drive North on I-25 at less than 80 mph. I'm thinking of going 50 if I go. Still haven't decided for sure.

Well the D44 is in, just gotta sort out the brakes. Otherwise, Zith gets a full time Photog and spotter in training.

Back