• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cell phone repair

RNMedic

NAXJA Member #659
Hey I need a screen replaced on a Samsung reality. no not gonna upgrade, anybody got any recomendations.? I found www.doctorquickfix.com in Texas but cannot find any good or bad comments on them. It needs the screen replaced. Thanks, John.

I would try over at the xda-developers forums. A lot of guys know what their doing and fix stuff for a small fee. May even be someone close to you. I would trust them over some site that has no ratings.
So maybe try and find same model of phone that has a good screen, but damaged for cheap so you have the parts for it when whomever fixes it?

yeah $18 a month so would have been 180 so far plus a 75 dollar charge, I'll try the XDA developers, thanks

XDA is also a great place to unlock your phone too. An unlocked phone will void your warranty but it's abilities become almost endless, plus you can run different OS as well.

XDA is also a great place to unlock your phone too. An unlocked phone will void your warranty but it's abilities become almost endless, plus you can run different OS as well.
Um, you are thinking about jailbreak (iFail)/rooting. Unlocking a phone will not void warranty. Unlocking your gsm (sim) based phone allows you to use other carriers. Even your provider can give you the unlock code for your phone. Mostly to allow phone used overseas with a foreign provider's service.

Yeah, rooting is correct, couldn't think of the initial wording at the time lol. Apparently it can be reset to factory if you have rooted. Atleast most claim that. I was debating it myself due to not getting gingerbread, but gonna be.patient a bit longer with AT&T first. :)

I'm 3.5 hours from dayton. I can swap a screen on a cell phone.

can't be any worse than the laptops I take apart everyday.

Yeah, rooting is correct, couldn't think of the initial wording at the time lol. Apparently it can be reset to factory if you have rooted. Atleast most claim that. I was debating it myself due to not getting gingerbread, but gonna be.patient a bit longer with AT&T first. :)
Yes, can be set back to factory. Unless, of course, its bricked and you cant do anything on it.

Apparently they have figured out ways to unbrick as well. I haven't really looked into this idea completely yet, but at the rate this carrier is moving I may have lil choice. I mean damn, they already have ice cream rolling out. No one seems to know a thing at AT&T when asked about the upgrade, typical I guess lol

Back