• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caster totally whacked after drop brackets

looks like you did a good job of remedying the problem. good luck with the modified setup. in the future craigslist is your friend haha. i picked up brand new unopened adjustable uppers for 60 bucks. would save quite a bit of work and headaches haha

Last edited:
just wondering why you spent 300 on fixed arms when you could get adj. ones for that online. craigslist works magic too-got my uppers brand new off Craigslist unopened for 60 bucks.

Someone didn't read all the way. I blew $300 on the Rokmen ADJUSTABLE uppers. They were the ones that were cut shorter.

According to the chart, Rough Country states that at 4.5" BOTH stock uppers and lower are acceptable. Well, acceptable for what? Decent axle location? Yes. Decent caster/pinion angle? Absolutely not. Brand has absolutely nothing to do with what works together. eye-to-eye length, does.

My fixed RE lowers are about 1/4" longer than stock arms, and even with the added length (beneficial), the caster specs were no where even close to stock.

What I did in the end will allow me to push my fixed lowers all the way back against the shim plates, where they were before. This is exaclty where I want my front axle located in the wheel well. But now, unlike before, I will have upper arms that I can actually fine tune, and not just have on the shortest setting.

Edit: I see your edit ;)

Glad you fixed your issue... i ran RC drops prior to my longarm and I was very happy with them!

I have a similar issue, my lowers were custom made longer than stock from the previous owner and need to come back about an inch. I'm thinking of drilling out some 3/16" plate for the bolt holes and welding the place to the LCA bracket. Add some material to the low point on this system and move the mounting position back about 1" from max into the bracket.

Other than a little weight and some work, maybe longer bolts, is there any other dowside here?

The LCAs aren't tapped, they're inserted and adjusted as short as they will go without removing the jam nut.

Also the reason I want to move it back is to realign the trackbar, the axle side heim is at is limit for forward axle placement.

Also the drive shaft has about 1/4"+ showing of it's slip splines which I'd like to get covered up.

I'm assuming it will change multiple things a hair once it's moved in.

I had the same problem when I ran the RC DB's and found that the axle was pushed the way you described. I then ran RC upper and lower adjustable arms and it helped a ton! Seems like you figured out a solution though.

Kudos!

Yea, mine are adjustable but they were made long to keep the axle forward from the stock mounting point.

So when the drop bracket made them horizontal again it pushed the axle forward and I can't shorten the LCA anymore.

Back