• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Care Package

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
First I need to apologize for not getting started on this sooner...I've had a lot on my plate lately.

So here's the deal, I'm going to be accepting donations for some Care Packages to be sent to PFC Seth Stanton's unit. Depending on the response I might need to draft a few of you good hearted folks to help out a bit.

Post up what you can contribute to this effort and help me get the ball rolling. If you'd rather not post publically just send me a PM.

Keep in mind that perishable items aren't a good idea, nor is "Adult Reading Material."

The kind of things we're looking for, but not limited too....

Sunscreen
Drinks mixes,
Snack foods
Phone Cards
Lip Balm
Lotions
Playing cards
Whatever else you think might be needed.

I won't accept any cash donations personally. Those will need to be handled through the Chapter officers so that this effort stays on the Up & Up

Please feel free to post up and suggest anything you like.

Thanks in advance for your contribution!!

Jeff will be sending you the majority of our left-over Stanton stickers. :thumbup:

Let's stay away from cash donations in general for this effort. Whatever items you want to include in the care package, make arrangements to get them to Frank.

Idea: What do you guys think of starting a wish-them-well / support thread where each posting member could simply type their sentiments, add a pic of their rig, whatever and then before sending the package, someone print out the thread to be sent as a kind of multi-page thank you card?

Last edited:
thats a great idea, troy.

another good thing for those guys is stuff like babywipes and hand sanitizer, being as they are out patrolling and whatnot, that stuff comes in real handy. the individual drink packs come in handy, makes it easier to mix in the bottles.

will there be a M&G to get stuff to you, or just ship it to you type deal? Need to flash off the sticker on the jeep here. I think pics of our rigs with the stickers on them would be cool to send them.

Frank Z said:
I would hope so!!

Frank - we'll put together a few things (god knows we have enough baby wipes!), and I'll get em to you when we hook up next for some metal cooking...

I will gladly contribute anything I can..............

On a side note but still realted to the topic: Sticker sales are complete and I will be sending a check for $1400 to COHVCO :thumbup: :thumbup: .
I'll post a new thread as soon as the $$$ is sent.

Frank, I'll give you a call about getting you the stickers for the troops in his unit.

Thanks,
Jeff

Frank Z said:
The kind of things we're looking for, but not limited too....

Sunscreen
Drinks mixes,
Snack foods
Phone Cards
Lip Balm
Lotions
Playing cards
Whatever else you think might be needed.

A point of view from the recieving end:

Snack foods, razors, shaving cream, wipes, magazines, ziplock baggies, laundry soap, shampoo, soap, and DVD's (old or new) are all on the top of list to be snagged up.

xjk9bar1 said:
A point of view from the recieving end:

Snack foods, razors, shaving cream, wipes, magazines, ziplock baggies, laundry soap, shampoo, soap, and DVD's (old or new) are all on the top of list to be snagged up.

x2 on all of that, I had hot sauce sent out to me alot as well.

Frank, I have some programs left over from one of our events let me know if you want to include them..Hammer/Henry

I've been PM'ing Troy and he said that collecting donationed items at the M&G was okay. Although I can't make it, I am trying to find someone from the Springs that can bring donations for the Care Package for Seth Stantons unit back down to me. For those of you that have children at home....a hand made card would be a very welcome addition.....so if your a child at heart you can join right in too.

:patriot:

a guy at work has a couple of kids over in the sandbox and said socks are a big hit too, he also mentioned single serving food since they can't store leftovers easily, hygene products, things like that as others have mentioned.

ok, is there a timeframe when you would like this done? I am in Littleton and would be willing to pick up items from anybody in the Denver area and bring them down to the Springs.

I will be getting items over the next couple days and I will drive 'em down to you. If anybody has anything they want me to pick up, send me a PM.

I'll be at the meet and greet sat at D&B's so lets get our donations lined up and I'll bring them back to Frank Z....looking forward to meeting some of the CO xj'ers...look at posts to see what is needed....my wife works for eye Docs and we have a bunch of desert related eye products...lets step up!
dana

Back