• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canyonlands Campground vs. Slickrock

Danno said:
I'm going to tell them that they need to replace the mattresses as everyone I've slept on I can feel the springs. I always bring my own comforter to keep warm....

Ya know, if you'd just TOLD everyone you slept on they needed a lil meat on their bones.... :anon:

I guess they were cold people he slept on. I think he meant every one as in every mattress he slept on... People get confused over the use of everyone and every one.

We have stayed 5 times at Canyonlands and 3 at Slickrock twice with NAXJA and prefer Slick Rock it seems more like camping than Canyonlands which is next to a schoolyard, you can see the McDonald across the street and the gravel really sucks if you need to run to the restroom late at night. Plus Slickrock has a playground for the kids. We stayed in a cabin at last year Fall Fling (Slickrock) it was fine, but we brought are own sleeping bags.

Tom R. said:
Next is how the showers are affected so easily by flushing toilets and running the sink faucets. It can go from nice and hot to ice cold.....back and forth several times during a shower.
In our motorhome, we noticed how low the water pressure was this year. Filling the sink took forever, but I noticed just how low it was when we got ready to leave and I needed to wash the motorhome's front windshield. It took more than 10 minutes to fill a five gallon bucket.
The owners might have turned the water supply down this year.

Back