• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cannan Mtn Legal fund

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
The Canaan Mountain Sawmill Road is a historic route in Southern Utah. Canaan Mountain is east of Hurricane, and north of Hildale. The road has been in use by motorized users since the 1950's. The road was originally established to serve a sawmill built on the mountain.

In the mid-70's the BLM closed the road by declaring the surrounding land a Wilderness Study Area. However, the road has seen continuous use up to this day.

In 2006, Dan Jessop of Apple Valley was issued a citation for driving on the road. Rather than just pay the fine, Dan has decided to fight the premise of the roads closure. Washington County claims the road under RS 2477, and a victory in the case would be a major benefit to the motorized community across the West. The law is on our side, but we can only win the case if Dan receives the financial support to keep fighting and pay legal costs.

Half of our proceeds will go to this legal fund. Please come and support this cause. It could have a bigger effect on OHV access than anything in a long time.

I went ahead and paid the full $50.00 for this trip, please take the extra $23.00 and apply to this legal fund, one way I thought could help here.

mtntech said:
I went ahead and paid the full $50.00 for this trip, please take the extra $23.00 and apply to this legal fund, one way I thought could help here.
Thanks Tom. Glad to see someone stepping up to the plate for this hugly important issue.

Back