• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bulged flares

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Does anyone have any experience with those bulged flares from rustys or from any other company? I was thinking that I might want to purchose those if I decide to change my front clip as well.

If you search, youlll find a lot of info on flares. The common companies are Bushwacker and Rustys. Personally I decided to go flareless because I was afraid I would rip the flares of and at ~$230 their not inexpensive to replace.

Actually, I totally fraised my question wrong. I meant to say bulged fenders, not the actual flair. I've heard of rusty's flares and bushwackers too, but I saw the pre-runner style bulged fenders and I was wondering if anyone else has used them.

Nah, I'm talking about bluged fenders with just a ridged lip. Here's a picture of an xj with the fenders I'm talking about
rig43_04.jpg

Those are awsome! How much and who has em?

Rustys offroad has them. I think they are 160 a piece. Not too bad compared to the price of stock fenders which around 200 from the dealer.

That would be okay for the front, but I think that the Jeep would look retarded with just the front fenders bloated like that.

SeanR has BW's and has ripped off a few....think about the increased width of the vehicle and then how much it would cost each time you went out and creased one of those 160.00 fenders...

Now if this was for a Jeepspeed vehicle, I retract all previous statements....

If it's a mall crawler....chrome them.... :wow:

Flame Suit on...

xjj33p3r said:
fraised .
i believe you ment phrased

oh yeah, and that looks cool... good times! now for something to look equaly as cool for the rear...

Last edited:
XJ_ranger said:

oh yeah, and that looks cool... good times! now for something to look equaly as cool for the rear...
Excuse my gramatical error.
Rusty's also makes buldged fenders for the rear as well. They bolt on to the quarter panels, but they really don't work well at all for 4 doors. For a two door they are still goofy looking, but for a prerunner....meh

for the rears if you go to jeepspeed.com there is a link on there and someone sells fiberglass front and rear wide fenders liek that. they would be perfect to cover full widths on the street but glass is still well glass and shatters on contact. o and if rustys builds fiberglass fenders anything like he does his regular flares there complete crap unless your idea of wheeling is parking blocks at the mall.

Liam

Here is my idea I went with.........I DO NOT like the look of fenderless XJ's so I bought the bushwackers :D Mind you I trimmed very neatly and welded up my rear wheel wells after trimming away the pinch seam/weld...........and instead of using those sheetmetal screws that bushwacker supplies with there flares I used riv-nuts. This way when I know I am goin wheeling somewhere thats gonna possibly cause damage to my wheel flares I simply remove them :D

XJ_ranger said:

ive got the rusty's bedsides in my garage waiting to go on for my 2 - door. but these would work too. of course im building my jeep as a jeepspeed chase vehicle so they are practical.

heres duffco's rear glass:
jeepglass01.jpg

Last edited:
Back