• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boost and 31x10.50's???? please help!!

Rod Knee said:
I know this thread is a bit old but I'm wondering about this statement. Is the problem with discoing the sway bar that the tires rub the sway bar, overcompression of shocks, or what?
I was intrigued also, but I'm easy that way.

I did the rock lizzard recipe with a 2" coil spacer up front, gives me 2 & 1/2" there. I made home-brew discos, I have to turn the wheel to reach in the wheel well. If I'm on anything but level ground, I need to drive on something that puts that tire higher than the other to change the way the sway bar is loaded. I use baling wire to hold the sway bar up.

Because I'm a cheap bastich and not bashfull about running used parts, I got in for less than $200. I did source some 3" shocks from a local member, set a pretty high bump-stop to avoid bottoming out. When I get around to it, I'll install a longer shackle out back to even up the lift and get more droop.

Oh yeah, the flex picture, with bumpstops and 31s:

4MSVconey08.JPG

Picture credit goes to Skully. (Thanks Bud!)

Back