• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes not holding rear tires

I adjusted my brakes and omg my brakes feel amazing! My shoes are a little low on life but they were still in okay shape as well as my wheel cylinders. I will just assume the self adjusters were no good as they looked rusty and useless IMO. Went for a test drive after I adjusted and I was able to lock up 33's no problem, i tested how it feels under harder braking and normal braking and no lock up issues so it looks like problem solved! I dont see a point in replacing other parts as I have a feeling when these shoes are done I wille going to discs.

if you stay with drum brakes for a while, be sure to unscrew the self adjusters into two pieces. apply a good HIGH TEMP grease or high temp anti sieze to the threads of the self adjusters. this may help them stay halfway functional for a little while.

I had little to no luck with my drum brakes so I switched to disks earlier this year. the difference is amazing

Back