• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake problems

well, YJ hoses are more than long enough. good choice

id get a new bleed screw, and the small bottles of brake fluid. the big ones
are a waste if you dont use all of it at once.

Theres a stripe on the side of the hose, to show if the hose is being twisted. thats because the hose is supported by a spring inside, and right left are mirror images.

aftermarket stainless hoses are "universal", but OE are side-specific

Check the hoses. I had one seperate and get a bubble in it. When I applied the brakes, it would blow up like a ballon and all the pressure would end up there. Caught it before it actuall blew.

-replace both hoses with left and right, and that will eliminate any possibility of a mixup

Your jeep is non-ABS?

your jeep should pull toward the side of the bad hose, if return flow is blocked. if the jeep does'nt pull at all, it could be something else
Your master cylinder could be full of crud, and the seals may be rubbing over shit and bypassing too,
did you pull the cap off and look at the fluid. it is likely going to be dark, but there should be no gook in there whatsoever
gook is bad, it means you need a brake flush, and likely a new master cylinder.

Last edited:
so I just pulled the cap and the fluid is dark but it has a thin oily lookin layer... No leaks around the MC... Don't know though because its fine for everything but sharp turning... (We have plenty of large empty parkinglots to try it out) and even then its only to the right and only on occasion

Last edited:
Back