• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Lines

96XJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed the RE 3.5 Super Flex list and would like to replace my OEM tube brake lines with longer braided ones. I am wondering if there are any suggestions on where/what to buy? I am open to thoughts and ideas if there are some out there.

Thanks in advace

-Darren

96XJ, 3.5" RE Lift, 32" ProComp M/T

Skip the braided brake lines, stick to rubber. Rubber is much more resiliant then the braided and the solution is as close as your local auto parts store. Get all 3 brake hoses for a 95 wrangler without ABS. The rear is a direct bolt in. Relocate the steel lines in the front as low as possible and hook up the rubber YJ hose. It looks like this on the right front wheel:

orig.jpg

You will notice that the only difference between that and the stock hose is the longer steel portion on the caliper. Is this enough droop for you? :)

standard.jpg

It should have come with them. If not RE has them. More $ and same result as handlebars suggestion.

Back