• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BleepinJeep's Project Scorpion Crawler Build Thread

No bashing just silly to spend all the time and money with the fab work full hydro and ori's and have axles that ain't up to the task

Excellent work, I did my boatsides just like that. Don't worry about the negativity you'll notice that it will come from the guys who want you to run what they do.....The old Pirate mentality of "do it the way I did or your wrong". I heard the same thing for a long time from guys in my club but now they just shake their heads and wonder how I can climb better and go further... it's great fun to see the look on their faces. I've been running a 44 front and 8.8 rear on 39.5 TSL's for over a year now with no problems whatsoever and I beat the snot out of it. Again great job.

Excellent work, I did my boatsides just like that. Don't worry about the negativity you'll notice that it will come from the guys who want you to run what they do.....The old Pirate mentality of "do it the way I did or your wrong". I heard the same thing for a long time from guys in my club but now they just shake their heads and wonder how I can climb better and go further... it's great fun to see the look on their faces. I've been running a 44 front and 8.8 rear on 39.5 TSL's for over a year now with no problems whatsoever and I beat the snot out of it. Again great job.

Thanks! Ya people would laugh but I ran a D30 and 36" TSL's for years with very little issues. Everyone thinks I'm making a mistake with the 44's but only time will tell. They act like axles can't be replaced. If they keep breaking I'll just swap in something stronger.

i personally would have chosen a waggy d44 or 8.8 for the back and a narrowed ford hp44(what i plan to run eventually with my future 5.3 swap) front to keep it narrow and strong. however stock(ish) xj axles can take a lot of beating if you know what your doing

I run a narrowed F250 44 up front and a 8.8" in the rear. It's a great combo so far but I'm only on 35"s. I plan to get aluminum beadlocks and 37" or 38"s in the future though

Matt, you might have screwed up posting it out here, there's nothing but a bunch of morons that doesn't know what works and what doesn't work, but really nice work!

Matt, you might have screwed up posting it out here, there's nothing but a bunch of morons that doesn't know what works and what doesn't work, but really nice work!

There's actually a lot of guys that know quite a bit like Ross aka foxwar71. He started small and has built something that works very well.

Shouldn't talk about yourself like that. Unless your trying to talk about me and Ross like that, but it's not like we got big tires, 4-1 cases and have broken D60 parts. So I guess we don't know what works

Yeah, you might want to rethink saying that.

That's about as true as going on Pirate and saying the same thing.

It's all been done in one form or another before.

To each his own, I'll be interested to see how long the D44's last.

Every, and I mean every single person I've known who had D44's and tried to make them last on 40's quickly ended up regretting it and giving into tons.

Every single one of them wished they had just got with tons right away and not have to had done it twice :laugh:

As other have said, it's not just the axle shafts, but R&P, tubes, knuckles, etc.

For me the biggest turn off would be the brakes alone. In low:low mine wants to drive through the brakes, on my one ton axles with discs F&R. And believe me, me braking system is nothing to scoff at.

I think the only guys I've seen really make last on 40's and smaller axles are the Yota guys. Guess it has something to do with only having like 12HP. :laugh:

Back