• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstien Shocks on SALE!!

Probably the wrong spot for this, but what valving 5165 do you recommend for the rear of an xj? Will be cruising washboard roads and small whoops..

Thanks! Also, what makes the 5165's 50$ more then the 7100's?
I would ASSUME the 7100's would be better shocks but...??

Workin' on it.
Me and spread sheets.....
smiley-slap-funny-animated-gifs_20090728_1320107990.gif

Thinking about upgrading the shocks on my WJ. I have Fox/BDS shocks now with my 3" OME lift. I was pondering 5160s up front and 5100s in the back. The front 2" lift 5160s for a JK should fit the front, would the 5100's match up well in the back? Mostly for street driving, but might be moving to CA, so no telling what I'll get into out there (I like speed).

Thanks!

As far as the length, I don't see me flexing the thing out very much as its got all stock style rubber bushings in the arms. I mainly just want a supple ride and my Fox shocks seem a big harsh. I'm guessing the WJ weighs about the same as a JK (V8 in the front). Would probably get fairly short shocks as a result so I don't bottom them out, and don't think I need a lot of droop anyway.

Are the 5160's basically the same as the 5100s, but with the reservoir for heat dissipation?

Back