• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Waste of Money?

finn188 said:
my supercharger was a waste of money. i only gote like 20 hp and 3 mpg increase. its one of those superchargers that is an electric fan that goes inline with your intake manifold and they promised 10 mpg increase and 50 hp.....i cant keep a straight face any more. im going to bed.

That will be the best money ever spent if you continue to drive your XJ. With gas prices around here, I would love to have 3 more MPG. :)

:doh:

Having the wrong vendor build my axles :gonnablow! I should have known when a local vendor said they could build what Dyntrac said couldn't (by my requirements) something was wrong :(.

At the time, an even better solution would have been to gain the knowledge needed to build them myself :).

Chopping my XJ. Worked great in Texas but I hate it in AK. No room to keep my stuff dry.

Internal Cage. I'll never be able to replace my leaking heater core or fix that damn squeaking coming from the speedo slipping. - cage gets in the way of taking anything off the dash. - My next XJ will be an exo/hybrid cage.

Biggest waste on mine was that armour-all and tire shine

Harlee&Tahoe said:
What's up with Exide Orbital?
I recently bought one $100.

I hate wasting money

First didn't last a year, on my second now. I did get them to warantee it after 2 months of trying. If I leave my doors open for about 20 min it will be dead. Thats on a 4amp draw. My next will be an Odessy Battery. Not going cheap again.

Rusty's off-road motor mounts both poly and rubber versions transmitted way too much engine vibs into the chassis put the good factory passenger side back on and went and bought a new factory one for the driver side and havent been happier no more engine vibs transmitted into the car.

Pro-comp mud terrains lasted maybe 23,000 miles before I couldnt even tell what the tread pattern was on atleast 2 of them.

Aiwa head unit piece of junk didnt even last a year of course I guess thats what i get for buying a cd player just cuz the lights changed colors.

BDS AAL and block

I didn't like my Aiwa head unit either.

The Sony one I have now is fine, except the retarded thing beeps whenever you turn the ignition off, warning you to remove the faceplate. I don't care about removing the faceplate from a $120.00 head unit, so stop bugging me! Can't turn that feature off unless you get an external amp either. Nice........

Flowkooler water pump (stock pump with a glorified propeller).

Getting my rusty leafs springs re-arched by deaver for them to sag again a few months later. I should have just bought new leaf packs

liliysdad said:
23k miles aint bad for a set of mud tires, in my opinion.

yah but thats when i couldnt tell what the tread pattern was and they were like racing slicks the off-roadability was up at 18,000 the rest was just to get by on the street i have BFG muds now and im at about the same mileage with just a little under 50% tread left so probably like 45% now thats a big difference from looking like racing slicks i expect to get between 30,000 ande 35,000 out of these BFGs which are just a far better tire all around

OverTheHillsATTW said:
I love my cupholder. :)
My can of chew gets stuck in it and hot coffee always wakes me up early..before I even drink it.

Had that happen too with a can of chaw. Pulled out the pocket knife and pried it out by the edge. :D

It's a damn tight fit!

I was off doing some army stuff for about 2 weeks and my buddy, who is not a wrench turner, could not wait on me to get home so I could help him with some mods he was doing to his TJ. He decided to take it to the stealership...
When we went to the check out counter, the total was $844.00. They installed a drop pitman arm and wired 2 hella lights... Holy shit what a rip off!!!! I laughed at him for hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheHillsATTW
I love my cupholder. :)
My can of chew gets stuck in it and hot coffee always wakes me up early..before I even drink it.

If you dont feel like taking the time (30 seconds) to pry it out you can always stab through the top of the tin and pull it up. (it works)

The worst part of the cupholder is that the $1.00 Arizona tea's wont fit in it. And thats all I want to buy now that gas prices suck worse!

I'dhave to say using the XJ to "get my feet wet". I had the cherokee and my license for less than 2 months before I already had a 3/4" lift and 32's. Now, 5 months later im 75% done with my front leaf spring conversion and dana 44's front and rear.

Didnt consider it a waste until gas prices went from $2.85 all the way to F#%^ING $3.75 A GALLON!

Oh well, on to bigger and better things...

dangerouslyXJ said:
I'dhave to say using the XJ to "get my feet wet". I had the cherokee and my license for less than 2 months before I already had a 3/4" lift and 32's. Now, 5 months later im 75% done with my front leaf spring conversion and dana 44's front and rear.

Didnt consider it a waste until gas prices went from $2.85 all the way to F#%^ING $3.75 A GALLON!

Oh well, on to bigger and better things...

dont let it bother ya. If its something you enjoy wheel anyways! :cool:

Back