• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big thanks to Andy, Dave, Bill, Johnny, Curt, Craig, Grimm, Brendan, and Kyung!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Well guys, thanks so much! Andy first and foremost for hosting, Dave, couldn't have gotten shit done without your expertise and patience. Brendan and Andy for banging out the ACOS Pro's for a SECOND time, and Brendan for the shackles! Kyung, thanks for the free u-bolts! Johnny, for the entertainment, and running for the pizza, as well as your experience level and technical support. Grimm thanks for bringing the brake lines for me and providing comedic value with Ben and Bryce! Curt also helped a ton with his tools etc, his organizational skills > mine. Mex Craig thanks for the "moral" support hahaha, good hangin out with ya.

Also want to thank Mario (manbearpig) for helping me out with a tire swap, even with the whole key thing, you really hooked it up man. Thanks!

So now with that out of the way, this weekend all in all went well. Had quite a few snags, which started with Friday night's install of the drop brackets. I woke up about an hour into sleeping writhing in pain from burning muscles in my arms. 2 hours of yanking on an axle with muscles you haven't used in a while will do that. Got about an hour of sleep, you guys really pulled me through the day. I would have given up.

Still a few issues to iron out tomorrow, but that'll be another post. :D

Also Derrick (bestthaticoulddo) you got a hell of a lot of respect from this group for diving in and wrenching on your junk. You impressed a lot of people. Jeep looks great!

Sean (L8Apex) It was good meeting you as well, shoulda brought your junk over for brakes today!

ScottyDog it was definitely good meeting you too! I must have been somewhere else, but Andy said you jumped in and wrenched a little bit too! Thanks a bunch man.

Here are some pics from today, others took some as well.

DSCF3207.jpg

DSCF3208.jpg

Here's Derrick learning why we always invite Dave!
DSCF3212.jpg

Johnny Loungin'
DSCF3216.jpg

Andy wrenchin a little bit!
DSCF3217.jpg

Vato Johnny
DSCF3219.jpg

DSCF3221.jpg

Some progress!!!!

DSCF3222.jpg

DSCF3223.jpg

DSCF3226.jpg

DSCF3227.jpg

DSCF3229.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

Thanks again to everybody! I'm super impressed with the lift, although Josh, I think these leafs are stretched more than 4.5" hahaha, it's pretty damn tall!

And finally, Black Craig... thanks for the muscle relaxerssdhshesf..s.df.......zzzzz

Last edited:
I'm kind of glad I didn't go.. A bunch of grown men standing around with grease on their hands..... :shocked:

It looks like Dave the whole ACOS.. Was that bad??

Anywho.. It's looking good Jim.. It's not so Blingy anymore... ;)

E

Dude you must be tired.... I didn't do nuthin but feed my boys (thanks guys!) and give $0.02! I helped line up your rear axle onto the leaf center pin for just a quick minute!!

Anyways it was nice meeting you guys and hopefully can make it out on the next adventure with you guys!!

BTW your HEEP looks really good my man!:wave:

Here are some of my pics
This is as close to before pics as I got

And now for some after pics

And some during pics

Mexi Craig busting a nut

Bryce supervising

Grimm overseeing the work

Here is a link to all of the ones I took
http://flickr.com/photos/bajacurt/sets/72157607279537093/

It was fun, it was work, the results look great and I even got to hear some Suicidal. Gotta love it!

Thanks to EVERYONE for coming out. We got a bunch of work done and even got Derrick out of here in time to spend some "quality time" with the chickie (hope she liked it as much as you did).

I am BEAT. Time for bed.

Heyyy, how about me for selling you all your parts. Hahahahahaha.

Looks good Jim, now you gotta wheel it. I say cleghorn next sunday!

Btw, how's the rear driveshaft holding up?

Lookin' good Jim!

thanks everyone!

i appreciate your help so much!

i appreciate the respect. i enjoy learning and wrenching on cars is a big time hobby of mine. ill surely be hanging out with you guys more. it was awesome meeting all of you and thanks soooo much it would have taken me days. i needed the tricks to get it all done!

thanks andy for allowing us to use your house! i didnt get any pics of it yesterday...but i have some quick pics i just snapped.

DSC02666.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

so i love this thing! im very happy...

no drivetrain vibes...

however i do have some nasty wobble around 45-50. after that its gone and before that its gone.

any ideas?

ok...maybe i will try rotating them...

if its not tire balance...

ive read something about the tie rods being worn, and the trac bar mount being bad are possibilities.

so i love this thing! im very happy...

no drivetrain vibes...

however i do have some nasty wobble around 45-50. after that its gone and before that its gone.

any ideas?

Bring it by or meet up with one of the guys. We didn't get a chance to set the toe after lifting it. YOu should be toed in quite a bit. I am home tonight if you wanna swing by or I am sure someone can help you closer.

Bring it by or meet up with one of the guys. We didn't get a chance to set the toe after lifting it. YOu should be toed in quite a bit. I am home tonight if you wanna swing by or I am sure someone can help you closer.

i have class every night this week...

then friday im going to SD to find out the sex of my baby...so ill be gone then.

i may have time saturday or sunday...idk yet...

but i may go get the wheels and tires balanced and get an alignment on friday when im getting smog and shit done...

i have class every night this week...

then friday im going to SD to find out the sex of my baby...so ill be gone then.

i may have time saturday or sunday...idk yet...

but i may go get the wheels and tires balanced and get an alignment on friday when im getting smog and shit done...

you can check the alignment yourself with a tape measure. find a common point on the front and rear of the front tires, i use inside sidewall to sidewall but most people use a spot on the tread. you should have no more than 1/8 inch of "toe in" that is, the front measurement should be no more than 1/8" less than the rear measurment, and DEFINATLEY not toed out, where the front measurement is greater than the rear. measure at the front of the front tires about halfway up from the ground, and at the same height at the rear of the front tires.

to adjust it look at the long tierod that attaches to the drivers wheel. on each end of it there is a bolt where the tierod end threads in. loosen the bolt on each side and grab a pair of vice grips or something similar and turn the tie rod 3 or 4 times, then check your measurements again. it should be obvious after a couple turns if you are going the right way. get it to where your measurements are correct and tighten the bolts back up, and you're done.

and if you take it in for alignment dont let them sell you adjustable ball joints they are a waste of money, and they will try to sell them to you just because your jeep is lifted.

good luck, wish i was closer i'd run by today and help you out.

Back