• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big brake package

English XJ said:
You mention the company already sells kits to the UK - Any more details about this, shipping costs etc.

Really interested in this package, although only had arushed look at the moment. I'll have to read in detail later about the fitting etc.

Keep up the excellent work.

(& well done in Germany!)

They sell up-grade kits for the HSV cars there which are just sent door to door one at a time not through a distributor. See his eBay store http://stores.ebay.com.au/MR-SPARES_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm or email him on [email protected]

xj_mike said:
So are the replacement parts available in the US, i.e. do your rotors/calipers/pads cross over to an available US sold vehicle? I know you were talking about a 2006 Mustang in the first post but wasn't sure if that was the larger upgraded rotor (325mm) or not.

Just want to make sure that I can walk into any parts place and say I need <blank> for <blank> vehicle and be able to get them without problems. That is kind of the problem with kits like Wilwood and such. You have to order parts from somewhere else.

Great job BTW!!!

Still trying to track that down if the same as the 2006 Mustang or not. As both pads and rotors give plenty of notice before needing replacement you only have to wait 3 days to have them sent over anyway from here. There has been a few people wanting to be distributors who will also carry spare parts but that side of things has nothing to do with me. If I wanted to look after that side as well I would have been selling them myself and making commission on it. I dont get anything for these kits or the development of them. I just did it as I wanted something for myself that was better and they gave me all the contacts and access to the machinery to do it.

Those wanting different bling can go for the PBR Sports calipers as they are basically the same just power coated.
SportsFlame_000.jpg
SportsBlaze_000.jpg
SportsMidnight.jpg

If you want even more performance you can run 325mm rotors with FPR calipers which need a 17" rim or greater and will sell around the $1200 mark.
43_1_b.JPG
da_1.JPG

Just got word from Tony ( the guy selling them ) and he has said that, for the USA only, the first group buy he will also throw in a extra set of pads for free for every kit. Look as though they are thinking of starting one on JU?
http://65.42.106.152/forums/showthread.php?t=742180&page=1&pp=20

I also got up early this Saturday morning ( 6 am ) so I could do the write up for you guys which is now up.
So just go to my web site and it is under the brake modification section. www.go.jeep-xj.info

I as well..

Prices at this stage will be as follows.

Base kit 300 mm polished $530 USD + delivery.

Kit with PBR performance $690 USD + delivery.

330 mm kit and PBR $995 USD + delivery.

email for delivery quote:[email protected] .

adrian barr said:
performance package ??
is this just different calipers ?

Just what PBR call their power coated ones of the same caliper. Not sure how you get more performance from power coat but then again some claim to get it from a sticker on the window! ;)

Hope people still see it here in this part of the forum as I thought it was alright where it was as I am not selling them or even making a cent from it???

The topic was taken down from JU due to the group buy being organized was thought to be only for paying advertises so maybe one can be done here then?

I am doing the conversion today on a TJ and will let everyone know the time it will take to do a conversion on your own from start to finish. When I did mine there was a lot of stopping to take photos etc and also my new style hubs arrived in the middle of it and had then to have the brackets with shorter spacers. Ended up just shaving down the ones I already had by 5 mm in a mill as the other brackets had not come back from the platers at the time.

Cheers

I've picked up the ball with SilverXJ to see about WC pickup. I probably won't be able to get a kit myself straight away (and I'd eventually need two or three, especially if I can organise some rear disc conversions...) but I'd have no trouble acting as a "single point of contact" out here - provided I don't have to lay out too much dosh beyond driving there and back again. We've already started swapping emails.

Shipping in here (if I pick up) should be doable into SF, Oakland, or Alameda (if coming by ship) - and I'm about an hour away from all three. I have no trouble putting a half-tonne in the back of my truck (drove to Livermore a few weeks ago and picked up an AMC242, spare cylinder head, manifolds, AW4, accessory brackets, ...) and didn't get them unloaded for a fortnight, so I know Beck can handle the load with no trouble - as long as I can get it all broken down small enough to fit. I'd probably need about two to three days to turn everything around, and the shipment would either have to be prepaid (preferred,) or I can collect everybody's dosh into my PayPal and pay that way - but it would take about a week longer that way (assemble funds, transfer funds, withdraw funds, and go get 'em.)

Anyhow, consider me a possibility for West Coast drop-off - and people local to me can just pick the stuff up - either from me at home, or if someone has a M&G sometime soon (and I bring the goodies.)

We'll see what transpires...

5-90

I just another brake conversion today on a TJ with 15x8 AR Nitro wheels with 3.75 of BS. The caliper just slid on unmodified at all but the thick stick on wheel weights near the inside edge have to be replaced with the clip on type instead.
The job went quite quickly with the full strip down, ( left the hubs attached to the axle when I pulled them ) and knuckle modified done in the first hour. Took a bit longer than and hour to put it all back as then using a torque wrench instead of a rattle gun and the fitting of the brake lines, load the calipers with pads etc. Then bleed the whole system as you dont want a combination of old and new fluid in there and then test drive including the bedding in of the pads. Still looking at around 3 hours all up and then a clean up of tools.

Just want to make a point clear too guys as some have asked why the big difference between the same painted or polished. The reason is that only the polished are surplus calipers where as the painted and the calipers for the big rotor kits are brand new and have never been installed ( as are all the rotors and pads brand new ). The surplus calipers have done maybe 2-3 miles as the car is driven off the assembly line and onto a car carrier and then off again just down the road at Ford Performance Vehicles or FPV. Here the calipers are once again removed and actually fitted with the 330 rotors and matching calipers. So might have some marks on the back of the caliper where it has not been polished afterwards.
Also on spare parts, I have just been told that the Ford Falcon XR6 turbo ( http://www.ford.com.au/range/falconute/models/xr6tute.asp ) and XR8 Ute ( http://www.ford.com.au/range/falconute/models/xr8ute.asp ) and the GT as well so you guys can finally have a rear wheel drive 4 door again ( http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx ). ;)

Back