• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big brake package

TF8 said:
I'm not doubting anyone here but what are the limits of the master cylinder and proportioning valve. This is assuming you have upgraded to the 96+ stuff. It would be nice to know the volume limits especially if you have a disc upgrade in the rear over the drums. Thanks.

Tyler Forbes

The bore size of the stock M/C is 1" which is the same as the Ford M/C these calipers fit to along with rear discs as well. You always want to run the smallest M/C you can to get the least effort and most feel while still not having excessive pedal travel. I would however make sure you had the double diaphragm booster regardless of what brakes you were running.

Just got back from the engineering place and showed the setup inside the wheel. It was even closer than I thought ( was hard to see in the dark last night ) and only missed seating on the rotor by a few millimeters. All calipers wil be sent out clearanced to fit even the stock rim.

Gojeep said:
Just got back from the engineering place and showed the setup inside the wheel. It was even closer than I thought ( was hard to see in the dark last night ) and only missed seating on the rotor by a few millimeters. All calipers wil be sent out clearanced to fit even the stock rim.
Sweetness. Keep a post up on when they will be available if possible. And an update on your afterthoughts.

One more quick question. How will the different style unit bearings with different offsets be taken into account? Thanks.

Tyler

TF8 said:
One more quick question. How will the different style unit bearings with different offsets be taken into account? Thanks.

Tyler

I asked the same thing on another forum. The brackets have a different sized spacer welded on them, I think Gojeep said it was 5mm difference. Everything else was the same.

Cheers
Steve

Well just got in from going around the block 6 times to bed the pads in. The rotors will take longer but don't have the time right now. And the verdict is: Worth it. :)
The pedal is so light and controlled and none of the dead pedal you feel with the old brakes. The stock setup had a similar feel to when too big a master cylinder is used but now it feels so nice and progressive. This will even get better as it all wears in too. :)

DiscBrakes%20122.jpg

DiscBrakes%20130.jpg

DiscBrakes%20134.jpg

Will go well with my new Ford Falcon PBR rear brakes I made a kit for and fitted last week on my new D44. :)
D44Brakes%20029.jpg

Steve F said:
I asked the same thing on another forum. The brackets have a different sized spacer welded on them, I think Gojeep said it was 5mm difference. Everything else was the same.

Cheers
Steve
Spot on Steve. There will be two different brackets with the newer hubs being 5 mm shorter. I have installed the new style in mine so I dont get the extra track increase each side of 5 mm.

wantem. Price?

ahhh sorry and thank you!:laugh:

Chalk and Cheese?

DiscBrakes%20114.jpg

Stock is 280 mm and the new 300 mm or nearly 12" of the Ford rotor. Big difference in weight too allowing for better heat dissipation as warpage prevention with stock at 5 kgs ( 11 lbs ) and the Ford at 8.6 kgs ( 19 lbs )!

I got a chance to go down the street again today and getting used to the new feel. Feels so light and you do use a little bit more pedal travel ( still completely fine just not the short wooden feel Jeeps normally have ) but was a bit less today with everything beading in. The master is the same size on the XJ as it is in the WJ which has the twin piston fronts as well. ;)

Last edited:
I hope I have answered all the questions as I seem to be missing posts with this new setup we now have? Not all posts are showing so you have to go through that top pane and try and work out what you have missed!

You mention the company already sells kits to the UK - Any more details about this, shipping costs etc.

Really interested in this package, although only had arushed look at the moment. I'll have to read in detail later about the fitting etc.

Keep up the excellent work.

(& well done in Germany!)

So are the replacement parts available in the US, i.e. do your rotors/calipers/pads cross over to an available US sold vehicle? I know you were talking about a 2006 Mustang in the first post but wasn't sure if that was the larger upgraded rotor (325mm) or not.

Just want to make sure that I can walk into any parts place and say I need <blank> for <blank> vehicle and be able to get them without problems. That is kind of the problem with kits like Wilwood and such. You have to order parts from somewhere else.

Great job BTW!!!

Back