• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Steering Box Brace

I sure wish you could have come out with this about 4 months ago. I am super happy with the one I built and will recommend your product to the folks that have seen mine and are looking for something similar, which is a lot of people.

John

I hope this is just a mockup picture because there are no threads beyond the nut on the pitman arm bolt. This is asking for big trouble if you drive it like that.

Not sure you understand how the nut installs on the bearing and brace. The new nut provides approx. double the thread coverage over the stock nut. Go back a page and you'll get a visual.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Best Steering Box Brace

Not sure you understand how the nut installs on the bearing and brace. The new nut provides approx. double the thread coverage over the stock nut. Go back a page and you'll get a visual.

I am referring to the nut on the bolt holding the drag link to the pitman arm.

I overlooked what you said......sorry. I personally don't care for any of the single shear linkage.....back to steering box brace tech.

I am finally getting around to installing my Filthy Addictions Offroad Steering kit. When I first got the kit I knew it looked like a good kit, but after installing it I am very happy with it. It went on very easy in about 20 mins. I am going to weld it along the driver side like Filthy Addictions said it was designed for if you wish to do so.

All in all I feel this steering kit is well worth the money if you wheel your XJ and are worried about the frame cracking.

I still need to add some bolts and finish bending the front of the bottom plate up (my jeep is getting a RE long arm kit and the rear is on jack stands)
I am planning to build my bumper off of the driver side plates and build a similar plate on the passenger side.

Installed my Boostwerks brace last week... really impressed with the fit and finish. Easy install too.

I am finally getting around to installing my Filthy Addictions Offroad Steering kit. When I first got the kit I knew it looked like a good kit, but after installing it I am very happy with it. It went on very easy in about 20 mins. I am going to weld it along the driver side like Filthy Addictions said it was designed for if you wish to do so.

All in all I feel this steering kit is well worth the money if you wheel your XJ and are worried about the frame cracking.

I still need to add some bolts and finish bending the front of the bottom plate up (my jeep is getting a RE long arm kit and the rear is on jack stands)
I am planning to build my bumper off of the driver side plates and build a similar plate on the passenger side.

im glad you like the kit! we've spent a stupid amount of time making sure the kit was easy and simple to install!

Is it just me, or is that drop pitman arm SO close to the brace that it wouldn't be able to turn all the way?

We have had a customer actually whose drop pitman arm did hit the brace (don't think it was this one pictured). The brace was designed around a factory pitman arm, so it's more than likely some aftermarket pitman arms will hit. I can't exactly test all of the pitman arms on the market to make sure, but I will be revising the design in the near future to allow more clearance. :thumbup:

We have had a customer actually whose drop pitman arm did hit the brace (don't think it was this one pictured). The brace was designed around a factory pitman arm, so it's more than likely some aftermarket pitman arms will hit. I can't exactly test all of the pitman arms on the market to make sure, but I will be revising the design in the near future to allow more clearance. :thumbup:

And a winch mount😉

Hurry up with that already. I have money to burn.

And a winch mount😉

Hurry up with that already. I have money to burn.

SjphyZ1384146579.jpg

This? That is freaking sweet.

I keep drooling over that and checking the vendor advertisements/announcements hoping for news.

I understand life has imposed some limitations on the designer though.

I may find someone who can bend 1/4" plate for me to get that 90* and cut out the rest and clearance what I need. I'm more interested in the recessed winch mount than the brace but the brace would be nice too.

Best of luck to Boostwerks. Life does get in the way sometimes and f those who don't understand that.

Thank's for the interest fellas! Like you've mentioned life at the moment combined with the fact that I'm a one man band has made it tough to get any progress made. However, the winch mount is my current focus at the moment so I should have some updates here soon.

And for those that don't know already, I'm also the fabrication director and product engineer for Rocky Mountain Westy. We specialize in aftermarket parts and Subaru engine swaps for the VW vanagons www.rockymountainwesty.com

Back