• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

DETOURS 100%

1. Mark is a great guy to deal with
2. Price is very reasonable
3. HAS side protection for your lowers
4. Simple, stout, looks good, no rattles shakes shimmys or vibes.
5. He stands behind his product.... DHL bent one of the wraparound side pieces with a forklift and I sent it back, no questions asked and it was fixed quickly. I tried to bend the piece out before returning it.... impossible....so it should take a decent amount of abuse in protecting the lower quarters.
6. Choices of finish.... diamondplate, smooth, or a combo of both.

I have pics of it mounted in the JeepShowcase section ... the thread titled PRICELESS

passxj said:
I really like the rigidco also. I'm worried about how high the tire is. A 35" spare is not a play toy. It seems like it would be higher than the roofline judging by ruggedjeeps pics with a 33 incher. Their mounting system is the best I have seen.

Protofabs is also quite nice. I haven't seen anything on it other than a tire though. It needs to at least carry a hi-lift IMO.

Any other options

I don't know about the customer service that other places have, but Terry at Rigid Co is the easiest guy to work with. He will pretty much do whatever you want to the bumper and he knows a ton about bumper tech. He does take tire size into consideration when building the tire carrier bumper. It was one of the first things he asked me when I ordered mine. He said that he trys to keep the bumpers high to keep a good departure angle. As far as the tire sticking above the roof, I don't know if it does yet as I haven't installed the bumper yet, but when I do, I can check for ya.

PS As far as the high lift goes, Terry makes ANYTHING fit onto that rear bumper. We talked about making ports for air hoses, holes for CB antenna's, Jerry Cans, and I know for a fact that the tire carrier has the Hi-Lift mount on it pretty much as a default option.

Kaymar.

- integrated rear lights
- 2" receiver
- tire carrier
- gerry can carrier
- telescopic search light
- not pictured: highlift mount

bg035.jpg

Last edited:
Back