• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best price on leaf springs

I figure i will put an update on this rather than starting a new thread, but my jeep is in the shop right now getting my new toys installed. I attempted to do the majority of the work myself but after a bunch of broken sockets and hours to break bolts that air tools coudint even fade I took it up to my friends shop and said just have at it. but they ended up having to refabricate(sp) mt mounts and re-enforce the bottom of the vehicle so my springs wouldint bust into my back seat everything was just trashed under there take it this is a 96 XJ sport and the options were limitless. I ended up using Rusty's for the leaf springs and the first time i called i had great customer service and when i called back to make my order I had the complete worst serivce, they didint even spell my name right i was suprised tyhey even made it to my house I am not shure if I will use them again but who knows I ordered my stuff piece by peice till i had everything to do it right and shocks, coils, stablizer, leafs, and all new mounts bolts and components and 30 in tires with some new added in laber costs im pushing about 1600-1800 dollars. but now I am faced with a new delimea. DO I NEED CONTROLL ARMS? if so I will go with RE but whats all up with that any help will be great sorry for ranting I just wanted to make a bunch of points in one post.

Last edited:
Assuming a 3" lift, right? No, you don't NEED new LCAs but you could run them. The stock ones are fine for 3" of lift....they just get beat up on the rocks.

how much wheeling do you do? as stated above, if yours is strictly a mall crawler and you don't mind less than superb ride qualities, the stock arms are "long enough"... if it were me, I would get new uppers and lowers, and get adjustables from rubicon express (good stuff) that way you can adjust your pinion angle and eliminate vibrations should they ever arise... back to another subject are the shocks... I am hoping you haven't already ordered skyjacker nitros b/c they are junk, even with the rebate. I have them and I can see where I haven't even used about an inch of the shock stem and both fronts are already busted... I say pony up like I am about to and get some bilstein 5150s... of course they are a little pricey, but from everthing I have read, well worth it.

Back