• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Long Arm Kit ?

Best Long Arm Setup

• Clayton

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Rubicon Express (When available)

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Rusty's

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Full Traction

Votes: 46 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
magoo117, so how do the 6.5 Alcans flex? and I see your running spacers up front, which coil springs are you using?

If you are a retailer of the Long arm XJ kit I whant to talk to you on the phone Monday the 3rd about getting a kit from you eastern stantard time 906-485-5285 Just ask for chad

Ron4x4 said:
magoo117, so how do the 6.5 Alcans flex? and I see your running spacers up front, which coil springs are you using?
I have 8" Skyjacker coils in the front.It took awhile for them to break in but they do flex pretty good now.I normally have bigger tires on it,thats why it has so much clearance.

magoo117 said:
This is 6" Alcans with 37 MTR's...
xj1.jpg

Hows the rear flex? guessing not much considering that shackle is straight up and down. Do you have the jhonny joints in the leafs?

idk about crsu's warranty but that was my reeason for buying claytons. im at 11" with 38.5" tsls, so it doesnt get driven lightly, ive bent 2 passenger arms but that was my own fault, climbing up a rock and instead of going end over end i punched it and i landed on the rock with my arm from about 6 feet in the air, the second time was sliding off a rock, for all around abuse they've lost more paint and have moree dents than my body :) and have never failed me once. rustys just plain sucks(as the rest of their adj parts), my dd i broke the hd tie rod eend completely off yesterday and their adj ucas and lcas which use the same thread design as their la's such, they are way too coarse and over time get sloppy which causes horrible death wobble and sounds like you drive a metal bucket full of nuts and bolts. idk much about RR's kit altogether, all i know is their arms bend too easily. no one has said it yet but thats why i like claytons so much other than the warranty i mentioned, their arms are square tubing which isnt as prone to bend failure. once you get a kink in dom its easy to bend kind of like a hose or brake line, once its bent it will collapse. thats all i can think of, im not east or west coast in right in thee middle :)

You can add me to the list of happy Rockkrawler LA owners. I have had my kit for about 2 1/2 years now. I had my fair share of problems with the GEN I kit. Once I upgraded to the GEN II all my problems went away. I run the 6.5" with rear leaves and boomarang shackles. I love the ride and the flex is awesome. Here is a pic of my parked on my buddy's TJ on 37" MTRS.
319220_29_full.jpg

319220_30_full.jpg

shelbyluvv said:
I run the 6.5" with rear leaves and boomarang shackles. I love the ride and the flex is awesome. Here is a pic of my parked on my buddy's TJ on 37" MTRS.
QUOTE]

let me start by saying Very nice, i like it.
but im confused, one time you say it's 8" next time it's 6.5" and then the tires are either 35" or 37". don't get me wrong i'm not trying to be an ass but i've got about 6" or 7" with the bushwackers and am trying to fit 36" swampers and i need more lift (got 33" ssr now and they rub at full travel)
So i just need to know Exactly what im looking at.

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
shelbyluvv said:
I run the 6.5" with rear leaves and boomarang shackles. I love the ride and the flex is awesome. Here is a pic of my parked on my buddy's TJ on 37" MTRS.
QUOTE]

let me start by saying Very nice, i like it.
but im confused, one time you say it's 8" next time it's 6.5" and then the tires are either 35" or 37". don't get me wrong i'm not trying to be an ass but i've got about 6" or 7" with the bushwackers and am trying to fit 36" swampers and i need more lift (got 33" ssr now and they rub at full travel)
So i just need to know Exactly what im looking at.

Dingo

No offense taken. Last year my Jeep was on 8" with 35's with no BW flares. I still had the 6.5" RK LA but with spacers on top of the coils and blocks under the leaves. I took the spacers and blocks off and went back down to 6.5" with 35's when I put the BW flares on. This is how it sits in the pics above. The TJ in the pics is on 37" MTRs. Not the XJ, it (the XJ) is on 35" Pro Comp M/Ts that have been replaced with 35" Goodyear MTRs this spring.

I also have BPE on my shocks that limit my up-travel to keep the tires out of the flares. My shocks use internal bumpstops.

Sorry for the confusion, Robert.

shelbyluvv said:
Dingo509 said:
No offense taken. Last year my Jeep was on 8" with 35's with no BW flares. I still had the 6.5" RK LA but with spacers on top of the coils and blocks under the leaves. I took the spacers and blocks off and went back down to 6.5" with 35's when I put the BW flares on. This is how it sits in the pics above. The TJ in the pics is on 37" MTRs. Not the XJ, it (the XJ) is on 35" Pro Comp M/Ts that have been replaced with 35" Goodyear MTRs this spring.

I also have BPE on my shocks that limit my up-travel to keep the tires out of the flares. My shocks use internal bumpstops.

Sorry for the confusion, Robert.

Thanks for clearing that up. so you don't have any problems with the 35" rubbing? At full uptravel how much you got at the top of the tire to the flare?

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
shelbyluvv said:
Thanks for clearing that up. so you don't have any problems with the 35" rubbing? At full uptravel how much you got at the top of the tire to the flare?

Dingo

I have about 3/8 inch or less. If it really gets twisted up I can rub them a little. Not a lot but you can see the rub marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back