• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Be pissed at Rustys or UPS for my AAL order? Need Help

It's true that you can make UPS labels before you ship something, I work for a shipping company and we do it all the time. As for the gauranteed delivery, that is a questionable statement on UPS's part. They say that to make people happy, but if you call them and tell them the package was delivered after the guaranteed delivery date they will tell you that the guarantee doesn't cover that.

Rusty's shipped it late, you will have to take it up with them. I've never purchased anything from them, but I haven't heard much positive feedback on their service.

he uses and automated system that's why there's a guaranteed date. He made the label on 3/31/06 and the system assumes that the package is shipping the same day as the label is being created.

What Rusty should do, I know I can on FedEx's online shipping site, is change the estimated shipping date on the premade labels. I can make labels a week in advance. This would probably alleviate some phone calls/emails for Rusty's. But in your case it looks like he still would have been 2 days off on his estimated ship date.

It's just easier to make the label as soon as the order is placed so when the product is ready to ship they just slap on a label and it's done, and the system automatically generates and email to you with the shipping info. This way if something is backordered few days or weeks they don't have to go back and send a tracking number or deal with all their customers calling for tracking numbers.

Ghetto2315 said:
Its been a week and a day since I ordered. I guess I should have never assumed that the email stated "Gauranteed Delivery by the end of the day by 04/05/06" would be correct

I just dont understand why they would put a Gauranteed Delivery Date even if it hasnt been shipped yet...

I just called UPS and they told me that Rustys made the shipping label and tracking number on the 31st and emailed it to me. They didnt actually give the package to UPS to ship until yesterday the 6th... They didnt ship until a week after I ordered

But point taken... pretty much nothing I can do.

I have just recently had this experience with Rusty's. When they charge your card for your order they also enter you package into the UPS system. They charge you even if they dont have the part in stock. So until the part is made or has arrived, your UPS label is stuck in limbo. I ordered their belly plate online. I got a tracking number later that night. I noticed after a couple of days that UPS had only just recieved the package details and had not picked it up, I called Rusty's. First off the customer service is the best. I asked questions and I got direct answers. Rusty was honest, and said it would be a while before he got anymore in stock, and apologized for not having them in stock. When my trackbar broke, he overnited a new one for free. Most of their stuff gets from there to me in Cali in around 4 days, somtimes a lot longer, just got to be patient and give them a call and ask them specifically "Wheres my stuff?".

Ghetto,

No other vendor generates as much emotion and discussion as Rusty's.

I have heard crappy things about Rustys Service and Shipping methods.

Why did you place an order to begin with? (rhetorical)

I have never ordered anything from Rusty's, haven't talked to him on the phone, don't know him from Adam but have read so much about his service, Good & Bad, that I won't risk my money.

Just my opinion,
Tom

I got the tow hooks, received the brackets minus hooks, called him, he apologized and had them sent to me in 3 days. I was in CA at the time. I'm satisfied with his service. The one I don't like is RRO...gave me BPEs that are supposedly universal but don't fit on my XJ. Told me that to return a defective product I had to pay shipping and a 15-25% restocking fee (I forget which). I said that'll cost me as much to send back as it would to just set em on my coffee table as paper weights...schmick. Rusty's given me good service. I'd go back there before Rocky Road (RRO) again.

Re: Be pissed at Rustys or UPS for my @AL n~der? Need Help

pmright here's the deal with Rusty's shipping because i had an axleshaft sent to me and it didn't arrive when it`as supposed ton#The quantam view tracking numbdys are an estimated shipping time, if you will notice when you enter your tracking numbd{ on tht"UPR wer{ite that no info comes up that is because rustys ships so much stuff that UPS backs a semi up to his place andp|hey just load all packages without scanning them into the system. Most of the time they are scanned into the system when they are halfway to their destination`et a distribution center. Thats why there is a descrepency in actual tracking number data and the quantumview. Since i live in TN i donvt worry about this because by the time they are scanned into the syrtem0vhey are on a truck heaTed for my front moorstep.

That is how it was explained to me by Rusty himself, who is a great guy and offdred`|o overnight me the shaft i needed hf wd/cotldnfs track down the other one. his products are great and his customer service is even better, mainly because Rusty himself will work to get it right and in most cases at more expense for himself. i will definently continue to buy from hil. Yn have to get over this whole "internet immediacy with no contact" and actually call ant"speak to a human bding<*it will#save yn{ some serinus dmme and frustration in the long run

Thank you guys

If it's guaranteed to ship and arrive by a certain date and it doesn't, do you get a discount? Waived shipping charges? A free Rusty's hat? :)

shortxjdoug said:
alright here's the deal with Rusty's shipping because i had an axleshaft sent to me and it didn't arrive when it was supposed to. The quantam view tracking numbers are an estimated shipping time, if you will notice when you enter your tracking number on the UPS website that no info comes up that is because rustys ships so much stuff that UPS backs a semi up to his place and they just load all packages without scanning them into the system. Most of the time they are scanned into the system when they are halfway to their destination at a distribution center. Thats why there is a descrepency in actual tracking number data and the quantumview. Since i live in TN i don't worry about this because by the time they are scanned into the system they are on a truck headed for my front doorstep.

That is how it was explained to me by Rusty himself, who is a great guy and offered to overnight me the shaft i needed if we couldn't track down the other one. his products are great and his customer service is even better, mainly because Rusty himself will work to get it right and in most cases at more expense for himself. i will definently continue to buy from him. You have to get over this whole "internet immediacy with no contact" and actually call and speak to a human being, it will save you some serious time and frustration in the long run

This is almost the same explanation I got regarding estimated delivery dates. It all makes sense to me. Everyone I've ever talked to at Rusty's including Rusty himself has been really great as far as customer service goes. My most recent order showed an estimated delivery date of 04-10-06 in the "quantumview" email but the actual tracking data shows 04-11-06 as the delivery date. One day is not going to ruin my life. Rusty's is a great organization as far as I'm concerned, and if you don't like them, don't order from them!

I lived about 20 minutes from Rusty's back in my hometown. I bought a lift and a few other things from him and everytime I went there, I dealt with him. A lot of my friends deal with him and any problem with his parts that I heard about, he usually replaced the part. His place is out in the country but I don't know how that affects shipping. As far as I am concerned, I think he is running pretty good operation considering the size of the company.

Back