• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery relocation

Jerrywhite98

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone relocated the under hood battery to two smaller batteries under the rear seat ? Might there be a thread on the subject ?
If so, would you mind sharing the project details ?
I'm new to the page.

Has anyone relocated the under hood battery to two smaller batteries under the rear seat ? Might there be a thread on the subject ?
If so, would you mind sharing the project details ?
I'm new to the page.

I'm very interesting in this as well. Theoretically I don't see why it shouldn't work with two small 12 volt batteries in parallel for same voltage, higher current carrying capacity. Before I settled on a 75/25 battery for my almost complete LS swap, I considered this but couldn't commit as there was some doubt.

Thought about doing this with 2x Optima 6v batteries in series as an aux/secondary battery setup, but never did.

If you’re intending on them replacing your cranking battery, make sure the resulting specs are on-point and don’t skimp on cabling.

Back