• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000 Chase Crew needed

silverslk, can you give a little more information on the passport card at the LA office. if you can give me a website i can search myself. thanks

Hey guys,

I had hoped to get everyone that says their in some info by today but have been out of town all weekend.
I have to fly back east for work in the morning and wont be back untill Thursday night.

I'll see what I can put together and shoot out to you guys while I'm in Chicago.

Thanks,

Eric

Technically you need a passport to cross back into the states. I spent a week in San Felipe a couple months ago and came back across with just my driver's licence. I know several others that just smile nice and hand their D/L with no problems also.

How much of a problem getting back to the U.S. with a drivers lic and a copy of a birth cert. If have to get a passport i will, but iam still in and if anyone needs a ride let me know i have a open seat.

Get the passport. Its a hit or miss to try and come back with the drivers lic and birth cert. Some agents are cool and let you slide, other send you to secondary, and make you wait til someone brings you a passport..... Not worth the risk.

Get the passport. Its a hit or miss to try and come back with the drivers lic and birth cert. Some agents are cool and let you slide, other send you to secondary, and make you wait til someone brings you a passport..... Not worth the risk.

I'm gonna stop and apply for the passport card tonight after work at the post office.

Yeah, the rules say you need a passport. I wouldn't count on seeing the right person who will make an exception. You can thank Homeland Security, if you're illegal you get special treatment but if you're legit you have to jump through hoops to follow the rules. :)

Yeah, the rules say you need a passport. I wouldn't count on seeing the right person who will make an exception. You can thank Homeland Security, if you're illegal you get special treatment but if you're legit you have to jump through hoops to follow the rules. :)

So can i tell Homeland Security iam a illegal and get in,plus free medical insurance.:yelclap:party1:

Eric, after putting some thought into this I am gonna have to bow out. The timeline is a little too short and my wallet a little too flat. I appreciate the opportunity but I just can't pull it together in time. I wish you guys the best of luck and a spot on the podium!

Is there going to be any race coverage on TV or via webcast?

Eric, after putting some thought into this I am gonna have to bow out. The timeline is a little too short and my wallet a little too flat. I appreciate the opportunity but I just can't pull it together in time. I wish you guys the best of luck and a spot on the podium!

Hey John,

If you can swing the $45 go get the passport card so you have it in case things change, you don't have to do the expedite if you get in there soon. That is the only thing that will prevent you from going on short notice. I'm going to get mine today. Someone might chime in and offer up gas to ride with you or something....you never know. I am going today to apply for my passport card and hopefully it will show up in time.

Me, I am VERY tight on cash right now too but I am putting myself in a bind to go this year. I have always wanted to go and this time I am not letting anything get in my way (hopefully,haha). :greensmok

Me, I am VERY tight on cash right now too but I am putting myself in a bind to go this year. I have always wanted to go and this time I am not letting anything get in my way (hopefully,haha). :greensmok

Ditto for me. No job and no money, but I've always wanted to do this so I'm going. The hardest part is that I'm gone on a week long wheeling vacation the week before. Damn, time or money, but rarely both. WTF :D

Looks like I'm not the only broke mufugga around here! Payday is tomorrow and I will see if I have anything left after paying bills.

no no no no, we are all broke, just have our priorities screwed up. Baja first, bulls second! :woohoo:

Back