• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands 11/8

Man, looks like you guys had a blast!

Sorry about the weather, but I'm still jealous!

See ya

Robert

(Was that Tom wrenching on his front axle again?!?)

Dude you missed a great time!!!!!

We wheeled are butts off...

First trail (orange trail) carnage: Tom demostrated the proper way to break an axle without taking out the carrier. The person after Tom (wheeling a toyota not in our group) took out his axle and had to be towed back to his trailer.
Matthew took out a tire.
Egghead bent his exhaust to the point he had to cut some of it off.

On the way home I broke two beadlock bolts causing the wheel to leak down to 16 psi.
Good thing we stopped and I caught it, replacing the bolts and airing up the tire.

Nick

Yeah, everything else held together, alternator ran fine the rest of the way back, and I cleaned it out some more, should be good. The transfer case problem was just a pin that fell out of place in the linkage, pushed it back in and it's fine now. I did find that I have a stripped out bolt on the spring retainer clip, any suggestions for that?

Yeah, everything else held together, alternator ran fine the rest of the way back, and I cleaned it out some more, should be good. The transfer case problem was just a pin that fell out of place in the linkage, pushed it back in and it's fine now. I did find that I have a stripped out bolt on the spring retainer clip, any suggestions for that?

Not sure what part your talking about...

Two vids. for all to enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ygIAvLFiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUyKCWYfE0

Happy Trails

Nick

The little clip that holds the bottom of the coil spring in place. Maybe different on older XJs? Haven't found anyone that'll fix the tire yet either.

Nice vids too

Last edited:
The little clip that holds the bottom of the coil spring in place. Maybe different on older XJs? Haven't found anyone that'll fix the tire yet either.

Nice vids too

You might have to go up in bolt size if the threads are pulled out.. Might try to run a tap to chase the threads otherwise, Redrill and tap hole next size up..

Have you called a Bandag dealer? Most retail shops won't have a clue. I will shoot you a PM with some info.

Nick

Nick, next time we go wheeling, I'm just gonna hook a chain up to your Jeep so I can keep up with you. You guys look like you had a lot of fun, but I didn't see so much of you. :sad1:

Sure was glad to see that cool Comanche (Tom, right?). That's my favorite Jeep model. Someday, I'll come across one.

Anyway, hope to see you guys out again soon.

Nick, next time we go wheeling, I'm just gonna hook a chain up to your Jeep so I can keep up with you. You guys look like you had a lot of fun, but I didn't see so much of you. :sad1:

Sure was glad to see that cool Comanche (Tom, right?). That's my favorite Jeep model. Someday, I'll come across one.

Anyway, hope to see you guys out again soon.

LOL Yeah we had a several goals that day.. There were a few first timers in the group so we wanted to see /wheel it all!!!

Yeah Tom's MJ is a classic..

See ya soon

Nick

Back