• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bacon....

HOW DOES IT TASTE, MUTHA ****A?!?!

should i mention that I did an early order buy from the packing plant that we send our hogs to??? I have a case of thick cut bacon and 50# of full strap pork loins....

Cheese "WF bound!" Man

All of the political talk made me hungry. Luckily my bil knows I love bacon and tags me in pictures of recipes on fb. This morning I got some cinnamon rolls and bacon. I didn't want to sacrifice good bacon so this would do..
20131115_083339_zps41c589cd.jpg

Then I unrolled them and stuck a strip of bacon in there.
20131115_084635_zps65b62179.jpg

Then baked them according to the directions on the cinnamon rolls. I finished them off with the cream cheese topping and and about to eat myself to sleep :)

20131115_091045_zpsc3a00000.jpg

This is awesome, going to have to do this!

Had bacon wrapped meatloaf last night at some restaurant in BFE Michigan.

Definitely have to try that one at home.

Re: Re: bacon....

All of the political talk made me hungry. Luckily my bil knows I love bacon and tags me in pictures of recipes on fb. This morning I got some cinnamon rolls and bacon. I didn't want to sacrifice good bacon so this would do..
20131115_083339_zps41c589cd.jpg

Then I unrolled them and stuck a strip of bacon in there.
20131115_084635_zps65b62179.jpg

Then baked them according to the directions on the cinnamon rolls. I finished them off with the cream cheese topping and and about to eat myself to sleep :)

20131115_091045_zpsc3a00000.jpg

made those yesterday, pretty darn yummy.

Had bacon wrapped meatloaf last night at some restaurant in BFE Michigan.

Definitely have to try that one at home.

I've been known to make a cheese stuffed bacon wrapped meatloaf a time or two. Good eatin right there.

So I am going to attempt a new to the universe bacon receipe this weekend...taking a slab of uncut bacon (pork belly), butterfly cutting it into thick slices that are still attached to each other and having each void filled with other awesomeness, all bacon weaveed bundled and placed in the smoker....details to follow later, if I dont die first.

Cheese "and bacon" Man

Experimental bacon, I dig it!

it was short of failure...just was not as I had envisioned in my mind of how things were to turn out. So next time I will have to think things through a bit more.....should have just fried up the few pounds of bacon/pork belly and ate it that way. I am thinking about a full bacon weave cooked out crispy and using it as a crust for an Italian sausage and provolone pizza.....mmmmm, heart burn.

Cheese "back to the drawing board" Man

it was short of failure...just was not as I had envisioned in my mind of how things were to turn out. So next time I will have to think things through a bit more.....should have just fried up the few pounds of bacon/pork belly and ate it that way. I am thinking about a full bacon weave cooked out crispy and using it as a crust for an Italian sausage and provolone pizza.....mmmmm, heart burn.

Cheese "back to the drawing board" Man

I so need to come up to your place sometime and eat your bacon!

wait, that sounded wrong...

We are having a Christmas party out on the shop floor tonight. Everybody is bringing a little something in. I used up 40 jalapenos, 8 chicken breasts an onion and close to 4lbs of bacon. Im looking forward to all the old guys getting heartburn, because you know they arent turning down bacon wrapped goodness..

20131219_124154_zpsa0a58a8e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some smoked maple bacon jerky for Christmas.

Back