• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bacon....

sadly our bacon had gone bad in the fridge.

no bacon this morning.

Wait, Your bacon went bad in the fridge?!!!!! :nono: Sacrilegious.

BTW guys, I'm back and doing my homework for a lift this winter. I do have bacon and cast iron to cook it in for the inevitable "Help me install my lift" thread.

Pud

ate a pound of bacon for breakfast today. with beer.

- Ken 'two pieces at a time, assembly line bacon breakfast' Stein

Late present to the bacon lovers..

almost couldn't find the bacon thread WTF

How can this not have any posts in eight days? Anyway, an idea came to me last night after see a friends bacon bowl. Bacon cup cakes. Not bacon toppings, but bacon as the liner. Everything edible.

ahhhh, nothing like filling the house with the aroma of bacon cooking at 5AM.......I am sure the family does not appreciate this in the same way I would if I was pleasently awaken form my slumber to it!

Tyler, that is a good idea. The wife just picked up some bacon for the first time in months. I miss that damn stuff but it is SO expensive for the decent stuff.

I hear ya, but when you compare a pound of bacon to a pound of the "good" hamburger, it is actually very close..tha is how I rationalize everything...compare it in cost to bacon (or dirty sex with a cheap hooker)

Switching it up a little, going with steak and eggs instead. Saving the bacon for the packer game. :D Bacon strips on sloppy joes sounds good!!

ahhhh, nothing like filling the house with the aroma of bacon cooking at 5AM.......I am sure the family does not appreciate this in the same way I would if I was pleasently awaken form my slumber to it!

Don't forgot the aroma sticks around for hours also..

2012-01-15_16-30-53_399.jpg

you guys are making me want to cook some of the bacon I have in the fridge

Hy-Vee had a special last week for their house brand bacon for $2.99/# and they apparently overstocked and they had it for $1.99/# last night.....I bought 10# and will go back today and get another 10-20#. I only had $25 on me last night and no wallet or I woudl have used my debit card and got a heaping basket full....and I was a little drunk when I was there so good thing I did not have a wallet and Camille was waiting in the truck (yes, she was drivink, not my drunk ass!)

Gotta stock up for WF.......

Hy-Vee had a special last week for their house brand bacon for $2.99/# and they apparently overstocked and they had it for $1.99/# last night.....I bought 10# and will go back today and get another 10-20#. I only had $25 on me last night and no wallet or I woudl have used my debit card and got a heaping basket full....and I was a little drunk when I was there so good thing I did not have a wallet and Camille was waiting in the truck (yes, she was drivink, not my drunk ass!)

Gotta stock up for WF.......

Seems like a guy like you would just raise hogs!

Lol, we do, right now we have @ 7000 wean hogs but they are only little 30# guys.....no bacon there!

I had a nice heaping side of Bacon this morning with my French toast

Well get some big boys in there!

What they use a wean hog for?

They are babies that are weaned off their mothers. We get them at 7# and feed them up to 35-40# and then ship them to a "ween to finish" barn where they are fattened up to slaughter weights. We are renegotiating our conract in march to go back to the fat hogs..... That my friend is where the bacon comes in!!

Back