• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bacon....

so...i went for the armadillo eggs last night....was thinking about going to get some again tonight. for $7 you cant go wrong

armadilloeggs.jpg

YUMMY

looks good man, I will have to hook up w/ ya next time I am up there and try some of those out. I am about due for a DSM day trip. :thumbup:

its called the hessen haus...mostly german food and beer. the food is EXCELLENT...the owners used to own a cajun restaraunt called buzzard billys but when it closed the hessen haus picked up all their menu items including the armadillo eggs.

its basically at court ave and 4th street in downtown des moines...great sausage, but bacon rules supreme

And after the armadillo eggs and a nice oktoberfest, walk a couple blocks to the Royal Mile and have a Scotch egg, which is a hard boiled egg slathered in lard to make it sticky and then rolled in cracker crumbs and deep fat fried! Wash it down with a pint of Fullers Best Bitter!

you guys aer killing me..I so wanna leave work and head that way for some brew and food!

i know it may have been a bad idea, but i just ordered myself another round...its really bad that my imax office is less than a block away from there. and they were screwing in the oktoberfest taps while i was picking up my dinner snack...its that time of year again

if you throw Vanna White in that pic you have fulfilled fatasay # 43 in my life book. Thank you.

20110910173357.jpg

Smoked chorizo stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Perfect meal for watching the brewers win!

20110910173357.jpg

Smoked chorizo stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Perfect meal for watching the brewers win!
I thought the double-post was worth a quad-post. :D

I have been at traning the past 2 days and each morning me and one other guy would devour the bacon on the breakfast bar at the hotel...we ate it so quick the cook thought that someone was taking it back to their room! My co worker was making bacon cabins and pouring gravey on them...it was sweet!

Had a little bit of money for food. Bought two pounds of bacon.

Back