• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backup lights

IMG_0004.jpg

My DetoursUSA bumper has trucker style Super60's cut into them. Looks clean and if they do get smashed, you just pop them out of the grommet and stick another one in for about $10.

CornerDetail.jpg

HalfRear.jpg

placed the relay inside the bumper with a plastic bag to protect it from dirt..runned one cable directly from the battery positive all the way to the rear to a fuseholder then into the relay and pulled a cable from the oem light to use as - into the relay,the screw used to mount the new light in the bumper served as ground.

You're setting yourself up for trouble with your wiring like that. You should have that fuse as close to the battery as possible. The way you have it now will cause a fire should your wiring get damaged or overloaded anywhere between your battery and the fuse holder. I'd cut your wire up by the battery and insert another fuse holder there.

i bought a cheap set from GI Joes and mounted them to the plastic caps on the sides of the stock rear bumper. they clear the swing gate and dont get crushed ike if you had them under the bumper. they are pretty bright too and provide plenty of light. mine are wired tp a switch in the cab. An idea i had was to use the same kind of rectangular lights and cut the reflectors out and somehow mount the whole reflecor and bulb inside the stock rear ights. i think it wuld be pretty cool to have them un noticeable.

just a suggestion, but have you ever looked at teh high intensity work lights on heavy equipment. 2" rounds,highly durable, can be recessed no prob. pop the lens cover to replace bulb. I work at a john deere dealership. the ones on our dozers are bright, would work good for back up lights.

Back