• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back to the Exhaust

Get one of these

314145454D30303236362D33343736342E32303031.jpg

and one of these

314145454D30303236372D33343735302E32303030.jpg

That's where you need to start piping in a dual exhaust.

Better yet, just run six pipes through six glass packs and stick the chrome tips out the side, a la Rat Fink :D

Nah just flip em and put em out through the hood...

98XJSport said:
Nah just flip em and put em out through the hood...

beauty :thumbup:

XJ Dreamin' said:
Get one of these

314145454D30303236362D33343736342E32303031.jpg

and one of these

314145454D30303236372D33343735302E32303030.jpg

That's where you need to start piping in a dual exhaust.

Better yet, just run six pipes through six glass packs and stick the chrome tips out the side, a la Rat Fink :D

are those yj manifolds? will those bolt right on? interesting idea man.

GrimmJeeper said:
are those yj manifolds? will those bolt right on? interesting idea man.

Good lord........:rolleyes:

Do it and I'll nominate you.

Hale

im sick of all this flaming on this website. i never post on here anymore due to the horrible ammounts of flaming and spamming on here. the main reason i never joined naxja is because of all this stupid stuff going on. I think everyone could be a lil more respective and a lil nicer, big deal if a kid has like 13" of lift and on 33" or somehting lame like that, no one is jeep smart let alone have enough common sence to look into things first. because they do something stupid doesnt mean we should flame them. we should help them and lead them down the right path. dual exhaust, hey man if that floats your boat cool, i could care less because i know i can make my jeep look which ever way i want. this is america why be another conformist to these other jeepers. if you wanna make it look as crazy as you want do it. its our jeeps and our lives. let us have fun. as for me im out of these forums and out of the xj community. just got a tj yesterday. now dont think im doing this because i got a tj, im doing this because im sick of seeing all the higher people diss on someone who may not have the knowledge or money to make it pro. thanks for your time, but hey if its disguarded, its disguarded. i still am dissapointed in parts of this community.

To everyone who helped me, thanks.

You realize that nobody in this thread has flamed him right-- ? They have ribb'd him a little, shown some concearn on known problems regarding fitment of the secondary outlet.. since its pretty dangerous without a heat sheild.. but there is no flaming going on in this thread. If you're reading into some of these posts as flames.. they are mostly tounge in cheek. Its pretty obvious.

And if you're reffering to the other thread posted.. that had nothing to do with dual exaust at all, nothing about how any one Jeep looked, and more about the mentality of the owners.. Please excuse me for being confused.

I myself was going to put dual exaust on my Jeep.. but since then I have leaned away from apperance mods, and more towards suspension, traction, and power modifications. Strictly because thats where my interests lay within the 4x4 sport, world, and culture. I am never going to bash somebody who paints their Jeep, or puts a redunant dual exaust system on even if it has chrome tips.. As long as they use it.. right?

98XJSport said:
To each thier own, some people have a hard time believing that you can wheel in other places than the rocks. :cheers:

Agreed. I'm more of a mud person myself as well :)

Personally, I think the dual set-up looks good...no matter how ya set it up.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Agreed. I'm more of a mud person myself as well :)

Personally, I think the dual set-up looks good...no matter how ya set it up.

me to, I would like to get out and try some rocks, but mud is the most common thing i have around here so thats what i like the most.

Yeah...the only rock around here is the gravel in the driveway. Mud is where its at. Im off work tomorrow and im going to get the speedo calibrated so I can get out of a speeding ticket (hopefully) and I should have some time to grab a few underside shots.

BTW...I had to get the driver side pipe rebent 2 times not counting the first time. Several months after I installed it, the plastic fuel line melted. The piece that is mounted near the brake lines. Bad life choice on the first routing. Second time around I got it right, but left a small leak. Third time I just had to get in there and fix the leak. Melted fuel line...no big deal right??? :roflmao: Well, my mistake. Sounds pretty slick tho. Has a deeper sound than any other 6 cylinder vehicle Ive heard.

xjmania said:
Yeah...the only rock around here is the gravel in the driveway. Mud is where its at. Im off work tomorrow and im going to get the speedo calibrated so I can get out of a speeding ticket (hopefully) and I should have some time to grab a few underside shots.

BTW...I had to get the driver side pipe rebent 2 times not counting the first time. Several months after I installed it, the plastic fuel line melted. The piece that is mounted near the brake lines. Bad life choice on the first routing. Second time around I got it right, but left a small leak. Third time I just had to get in there and fix the leak. Melted fuel line...no big deal right??? :roflmao: Well, my mistake. Sounds pretty slick tho. Has a deeper sound than any other 6 cylinder vehicle Ive heard.

Yeah...I can just see tomorrow's thread....would involve a dual exhaust Jeep and a bit of a fire:flame:

the chariot said:
im sick of all this flaming on this website. i never post on here anymore due to the horrible ammounts of flaming and spamming on here. the main reason i never joined naxja is because of all this stupid stuff going on.

Wow guess you have never been to PBB.

the chariot said:
because they do something stupid doesnt mean we should flame them. we should help them and lead them down the right path.

Is this an act of "saving the world?

the chariot said:
just got a tj yesterday.

Sweet, everyone knows that TJs have all the cool mods like ipods and such ................... dude:confused1

6h43uyc.jpg

:p Since this is a non flaming thread with non flaming people, i might as well post a picture that can help someone in the decision if they would like the looks and posotives and downfalls of having a Chrome Dual Exhaust Tip setup. Thank you all.

EDIT - and since this is the north american XJ association and we are all here on this section to see pictures that show things in helpful manners, I have also included a bonus feature sound clip and vid to compliment my IMG file. Thanks!
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=5zqjkw4

DrMoab said:
I need a good pair of sneakers. Can anyone help me out?

Dude...that was the only good material in that one thread. Why ya gotta bust on the sneaker content? Next thing you'll say is that there's no room on NAXJA for 80's wrestling stars.

should I get 20" spinners for mine? lol. I ran true dual exhaust on my ford exploder v6 and it helped it out big time. of course the original cat and muffler were shot. I wouldnt do it on an XJ even if it was street only. I like the look of it but it doesnt make sense for offroading since ppl toast their pipes all the time.

Back