• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles, Tires, Wheels, Lift, Rock Rails

ADVNTURR

I worry when rattles stop
I’ll apologize for the long post, but as I try to make room and finances for the next evolution of my XJ, I find myself with a pile of parts that I no longer need. If you want to make me a reasonable offer, feel free to PM me and I will consider it.

All parts are located in the 44094 ZIP (east side of Cleveland, OH) and I am willing to ship everything but the complete axles on the buyer's dime. I am also willing to work with buyers to arrange pick-up/delivery to surrounding areas.

What the parts came off of:
DCP_2363.JPG

DCP_2368.JPG

(4) BF Goodrich KM2 31x10.5 R15 on factory 10 spoke alloy wheels w/ center caps:
$750
The tread is nearly full depth but most of the lugs are somewhat rounded from playing in the rocks and there are a few cuts in some of the lugs. There are some scuffs on the sidewalls but no cuts or gouges and all hold air with no problems. The wheels are not show quality and have a fair amount of staining/finish pitting. If someone wanted to media blast them and paint/powder coat them they should clean up well.
2012-09-30_15-46-13_466.jpg

2012-09-30_15-47-04_62.jpg

(4) Factory 10 spoke alloy wheels w/ 3 center caps:
$150
As with the mounted set above, these are not show quality but could be cleaned up with some effort. This set does have a little more scrapes than the mounted set because they spent more time on my Jeep.

(1) Factory 10 spoke alloy wheel & center cap:
$75
This was the wheel for my full-size spare and is in much better shape than any of the other wheels. It is still not a perfect wheel and does have some pitting, but is in overall good shape.
2011-10-18_20-29-42_171.jpg

2011-10-18_20-29-49_695.jpg

(1) Factory XJ Dana 44 (3.55) w/ ZJ discs, Aussie, and Riddler Cover:
$600
I bought this axle last year when I thought I was going to stay on 31's and only has about 500 miles on it since I completed the upgrades. I stripped the rust off the axle and painted it and the Riddler cover with Hammerite silver hammered finish paint. I converted the axle to ZJ disc brakes with all machining done with a mill, lathe, and surface grinder (I did not hack this together). All pads, rotors, calipers, and hardware were replaced with new/rebuilt parts. When the Aussie was installed I also replaced the axle shaft bearings and seals and it is currently filled with Amsoil synthetic fluid. The brake hard lines are nickel alloy (nearly corrosion proof) and the flexible lines are stainless braided. I am also including the Ruff Stuff spring plates and the 5/8” U-bolts if you choose to use them. The only issue that I am aware of is that the pinion seal is leaking (despite being replaced with the Aussie). If you would like additional pictures of the axle build, PM me your e-mail address and I’ll send some your way.
2012-09-30_16-42-01_530.jpg

2012-09-30_16-42-45_670.jpg

2012-09-30_16-42-10_499.jpg

2012-09-30_16-42-29_794.jpg

2012-09-30_16-42-38_343.jpg

(1) Factory XJ Dana 30 HP/Vac-Disconnect (3.55) w/ Posi-Lok shifter, Aussie, 297x Joints, KOR adjustable track-bar:
$450 complete, $200 Track-bar , $150 Aussie, $50 Axle Shafts, $75 Posi-Lok w/ Fork
This in my original front axle w/ ~230k miles. The vacuum disconnect motor has been replaced with a Posi-Lok (for lifted vehicle) cable shifter with the upgraded steel shifter fork. The cable sheath is a little beat up and the threaded end got bent a little but everything functioned as it should when I removed it. The shafts are out of a 95 Wrangler and are equipped with Spicer 297x joint and are machined for full circle clips. The Aussie has been installed for ~3k miles with Amsoil synthetic fluid and has worked flawlessly. The KOR adjustable track-bar and bracket are in very good shape with only a few wheeling trips on it. Steering was upgraded to V8 ZJ components but one of the boots is damaged and needs to be replaced, also has an OME steering stabilizer. The UCA bushings are shot and should be replaced.
If am willing to part this axle out if I get buyers for the Aussie and the Track-bar.
2012-09-30_16-50-44_977.jpg

2012-09-30_16-51-07_117.jpg

And the rest of it…

OME Hybrid 3” lift:
$275
V8 ZJ Lift coils with 3/8” spacers. Heavy duty full leaf packs with poly bushings (still appear to be intact) and MJ shackles. OME shocks for all four corners and Skyjacker extended braided stainless lines for the front and rear. I am also including Rubicon Express fixed length Super-Ride LCAs, but the bushings are shot and should be replaced (one of the bushings seized and was cut out so it must be replaced).
This lift has been on my Jeep for 8 years or so and don't mistake it for a shiny new lift. This lift did ride well, towed well, and flexed well with the front sway-bar disconnected (never had a rear). I was able to stuff 31” tires on the factory wheels into the rear openings without contacting the body but the front needed to be clearanced ~1” all around (I never modified bumpstops front or rear).
2012-09-30_16-40-21_664.jpg

2012-09-30_16-40-33_414.jpg

2012-09-30_16-40-45_213.jpg

Custom Rock Rails:
$100
I built this set of rails 8+ years ago to act as rock rails and steps for loading things onto the roof. The main rails are 2”x2”x1/4” with 1”x1”x1/8” legs and 1/4” mounting plates. The pinch seam rail is drilled for (6) 1/4” bolts and the mounting plates are drilled for (6) 3/8” bolts, but the rear-most bolt lines up with an anchor hole in the unibody (it was my first fab work so it was also a learning experience) so there are only 11 bolts per side. Unfortunately the drive's side rear leg is a little bent but I believe it can probably be straightened. These aren't perfect and they are scratched up pretty good, but they have served me well for years.
2012-09-30_17-10-00_215.jpg

2012-09-30_17-10-08_903.jpg

(2) Wild Country Radial RVT 35x12.5 R16.5 Load D AT Tires:
$225 (or $125 each)
These tires were on my tow rig when I bought it but road debris destroyed one of the tires. I decided to replace the entire set and kept one of the remaining tires as a full-size spare. These tires are in good shape with no repairs or damage and rode well when they were on the truck.
2012-09-30_15-52-01_545.jpg

2012-09-30_15-52-17_329.jpg

If you still have the lift in a month or so, will be speaking to you about them. I don't expect you to hold them, but being OME stuff, I have heard nothing but good things about them.

If you still have the lift in a month or so, will be speaking to you about them. I don't expect you to hold them, but being OME stuff, I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Just buy it and be broke for a month, that's what the rest of us do....

Are the leaf packs OME as well? From the description it appears only the shocks are...

If the packs are indeed OME, they alone are worth the $275...

99SJ 'Last 3.5 OME packs in the US' Ex

Are the leaf packs OME as well? From the description it appears only the shocks are...

If the packs are indeed OME, they alone are worth the $275...

99SJ 'Last 3.5 OME packs in the US' Ex

Look like OME packs to me.

I just breezed through the descriptions, didn't look at pictures till now... They do appear to be the genuine thing. Good deal.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was expecting e-mail notifications that never came.

The coils, leaves, shocks, and even coil isolators are all OME parts purchased through DPG. Part numbers as follows:
Front Shocks - N35
Rear Shocks - N36
Coils - 934
Leaves - JC1A

I'll do a better job of monitoring the posts here forward. Thanks.

A quick update, I found 2 additional center caps for the factory XJ wheels, so now all wheels come with a center cap.

I am willing to entertain offers if anyone is interested in any of my items.

Updates

I am lowering the price on the OME lift to $200 because I found out that one of the bolts was seized in the shackle. I have cut the bolt out, but that killed the bushing. A new set of poly bushings is ~$50 which would be in the buyer's best interest anyways. Additionally, while working with a potential buyer that fell through, I found that although the shocks ride well, they are nearing end of life.

I am still open to reasonable offers on most items. Let me know if you want to try and work something out.

Update:
Rock Rails are SOLD

New Prices:
Wild Country 35x12.5 R16.5: $175/pr or $100/ea
BFG's on wheels: $700
Set of 4 wheels: $120
Single wheel: $60

Front axle: I am now willing to part it out for reasonable offers on the assorted parts.

What would you say the total lift on that was? I ask in regards to the tires.

Total suspension lift I would put right around 3", total ground clearance gain with the lift and 31" tires is probably around 4.5-5." As mentioned in the description, I was able to use 31" tires on the factory wheels with minor trimming on the front fenders.

Well I trimmed front and rear. Currently sitting at about two inches of lift on 30's and I have loads of room.

It has been a while so I thought I would update some things and remind people that I still have some parts for sale.

So far the following items HAVE SOLD:

Lift
Rock Rails
Dana 44 Rear Axle
(4) BFG KM2s on wheels

The following items are still for sale:

(4) 10 Spoke Wheels - $100 OBO
(1) 10 Spoke Wheel - $50 OBO
(2) 35x12.5 R16.5 Tires - $150 OBO
Dana 30 Front Axle - $500 OBO

I am willing to work with buyers to help get these things to new homes.

Back