• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Locker coming for the 8.25

igotanxj said:
Got this in my email today:

Just wanted you to know that the shipment of Chrysler 8.25 29 spline Aussie Lockers arrived at JFK last night. We will have them in Rochester NY by Wed. and we have at least one test installation scheduled for Saturday. If that works with no issues, then we will be putting this model on our web site the following week. If we run into any installation issues this schedule will have to be adjusted.

Team Aussie
IF THIS IS TRUE?
i want one asap. i will be keeping an eye on your website. thanks guys, i hope this is no joke.

curbdog17 said:
IF THIS IS TRUE?
i want one asap. i will be keeping an eye on your website. thanks guys, i hope this is no joke.

It is no joke. We are as anxious as our customers are to get this model in the inventory and to our customers.

Thank you for your patience.

i just seen another thread about this, maybe it the real deal.. im setting myself up for disapointment. hope not.

Eleventy billion dollars....

They will be $199 + your old 8.25" aussie for a core :roflmao:

One Billion Fairy crystals from never never gona see them land. :D

Just installed my lockrite yesterday. Works great:conceited

i think it's funny how anticipated this part is, i mean, this thread is on page 14... but i have to wonder how many people that originally wanted one have already gotten something else. i already did... good luck to those who buy and use it. i'm sure it will work great, but in the mean time... i'm already locked :eeks1:

asp387 said:
i think it's funny how anticipated this part is, i mean, this thread is on page 14... but i have to wonder how many people that originally wanted one have already gotten something else. i already did... good luck to those who buy and use it. i'm sure it will work great, but in the mean time... i'm already locked :eeks1:
good point, im thinking about welding if the locker does not come out soon, the others just seem too expensive(im a cheap bastard) i wonder how long before a can get a used aussie 8.25? any one got one for sale next week? LOL

igotanxj said:
Got this in my email today:

Just wanted you to know that the shipment of Chrysler 8.25 29 spline Aussie Lockers arrived at JFK last night. We will have them in Rochester NY by Wed. and we have at least one test installation scheduled for Saturday. If that works with no issues, then we will be putting this model on our web site the following week. If we run into any installation issues this schedule will have to be adjusted.

Team Aussie
still not on the website this morning? i wonder if there was an issue?

asp387 said:

yeah.... I put a 44 in...:party:

curbdog17 said:

an issue? yeah there's an issue. there's been talk about this for years and no production :roflmao:

I like how all this hype over something goes on for so long, then when its time to put up cash and buy it.... Usually noone puts the money up, like with Alot of group buys Ive seen over the ages. People beg and cry for a group buy, then its time to pay up and they dont care anymore.

The hype and talk is more fun for most people than actually wanting the end product lol.

curbdog17 said:

I just got the email this last weekend, which means by "wednesday" they mean this coming Weds the 16th. I'm guessing theyll install this coming weekend and if no problems they said theyll put it on the website next week.

I know some of you guys are bitter about it taking so long, but I still think they'll sell a decent number of these lockers to people with 8.25 rear ends. There's guys out there like me who are new to the XJ scene and are still in the planning stages of the build. Granted, if I waited 5 years for a locker I wouldn't be too happy, but that doesn't mean they won't sell. There are still probably a million XJs out there waiting to be locked up, not to mention the other apps that the 8.25 came under. So, needless to say, I'm patiently waiting the couple of weeks till it comes out and I'll cough up the money happily.

igotanxj said:
I just got the email this last weekend, which means by "wednesday" they mean this coming Weds the 16th. I'm guessing theyll install this coming weekend and if no problems they said theyll put it on the website next week.

I know some of you guys are bitter about it taking so long, but I still think they'll sell a decent number of these lockers to people with 8.25 rear ends. There's guys out there like me who are new to the XJ scene and are still in the planning stages of the build. Granted, if I waited 5 years for a locker I wouldn't be too happy, but that doesn't mean they won't sell. There are still probably a million XJs out there waiting to be locked up, not to mention the other apps that the 8.25 came under. So, needless to say, I'm patiently waiting the couple of weeks till it comes out and I'll cough up the money happily.

A valid point you have, sir. my only argument is simply to play devil's advocate and does not warrant a response: next time you see a liberty on the trail, let me know.

asp387 said:
next time you see a liberty on the trail, let me know.

I saw a liberty on the trail yesterday - a couple of them in fact, and not running as a group.

I see almost as many liberties on the trail these days as I do XJ's. And being in SoCal where we have more than 500 active local members .. the numbers really add up.

perhaps i spoke too soon. i've never seen one.

Here's a Liberty on one of our runs to Deep Creek. Not exactly on the trail, but on the way. The LOST KJs are a great bunch of guys. They have joined us on some of our runs. I'm sure they'd be happy to see the Aussie finally arrive.

http://www.lostkjwest.com/

IMG_0194.jpg

Back