• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN: Nut & Bolt Gurus.....Anti-theft

razdrvr said:
I guess I've got a different outlook since mine don't go anywhere. Just sits in the garage till it gets awakened from it's slumber.

Some of ours sit in the driveway until its time to play. Granted, in a case like mine, you would have to move 3 cars including a super-duty thats usually got a dead battery in order to steal the rig, but you might manage to unbolt the winch - if it weren't for the fact I have a loose-nuts bumper (the winch sits beneath the grill, and you have to remove the grill or bumper to remove the winch)

mines not allowed in the garage ever since I opened the rear diff cover plug to check the fluid.. When I realized that longer shackles changed the angle of the axle it was too late...

spcustoms said:
mines not allowed in the garage ever since I opened the rear diff cover plug to check the fluid.. When I realized that longer shackles changed the angle of the axle it was too late...

My idiot roommate tried to change the oil on his superduty once, hot, without popping the vent plug on the oil container. Late model fords hold about 4 gallons of oil, and about 2 gallons of it made it into the container.

Much kitty litter sacrificed..

92DripCherokee said:
http://www.brycefastener.com/

take your pick, there's a lot to look at here
but one things for sure, an a-hole with enough firepower can still get your stuff.

but get a load of the penta-nuts!

I would go for a set of those, probably cheaper than a winch. If not then tack the nuts and bolts to the bumper and while your at it tack the bumper to the unibody.

But if you do that you can expect a broken headlight or slashed tire from an angry/fustrated theif.

~Alex

alex22 said:
But if you do that you can expect a broken headlight or slashed tire from an angry/fustrated theif.

~Alex

Headlights are cheaper than a winch, and a slashed tire just means getting a new one for $20. Gotta love tire warantees.. I don't think i've bought a new tire for 3 years, but I always have full tread..

bookmarked. thanks for the link. im sure i will use something like that when a winch comes my way.

92DripCherokee said:
:eyes::arrowr:http://www.brycefastener.com/

but one things for sure, an a-hole with enough firepower can still get your stuff.

Bolt it up so the nut is on top and tack one or two of the nuts to the bolt, ultimate in thread locker technology that sumbitch never come loose.

92DripCherokee said:
:eyes::arrowr:http://www.brycefastener.com/

Very nice. Not a bad price either.
The only thing I would have to worry about is the shear strength of the bolts that they use.

I'm still going to weld them up though.

Where do you guys live? Or more important, where are you parking? Anyway, how about rounding off a bolt head. You can still get it off later, but harder for the thief to remove. Your best best is maybe a cheap Harbor Freight arc welder. You'll find other uses later, I have.

Back