• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arb or ruff stuff cover to help against case flex

I dont think anyone here that has posted yet, can make an educated opinion on the thread topic...

really robert? you of all people should know that making broad accusations like that are ****ing bullshit.

The ruff stuff cover is nice. Very. Its strong, and thick, yes. It can be had with counter sunk holes yes.

not from them it can't
Really the demand was so low and they cost more than we charged. I didn't feel people wanted to pay what they really cost us...The bolts alone were up to $8 for the set...

have a nice day.

really robert? you of all people should know that making broad accusations like that are ****ing bullshit.

not from them it can't

have a nice day.

Well NOT one person has known about the ARB cover keying together the center chunk opening. And if they dont know that, then how can they make a educated opinion?

Its like asking where is the sun more bright, in cali or Arizona. And alot of people that live in cali saying well cali, cause I heard Arizona was..... And NOT one person had ever even been in Arizona...

And thats why I put "Yet" in my first posting. Cause maybe someone that has even seen a ARB cover in their hands might post up and have the ability to accurately give a educated opinion... But up till now, no one has...

Anyother typical intardnet starting to a wonderful thread....

Anyother typical intardnet starting to a wonderful thread....

Relax Robert. I'm just busting you're balls.

But in response to you, I had an ARB cover on my D30 a while back. It didn't have those tabs. Or at least I don't remember them. I've since sold that cover because I needed the tie-rod clearance. But it was more than 5yrs old.

My presence in this thread was simply to point out that you cannot get your ruffstuff cover countersunk anymore. Which is annoying.

I dont think anyone here that has posted yet, can make an educated opinion on the thread topic...

I think plenty made educated guesses since all the ones who have posted saying they don't remember seeing or having those tabs, kinda messed up to be that rude without actually knowing if any had a arb cover, the tabs might b a new feature and ya the ones who had them were older covers but that didn't mean their opinions were uneducated. Kinda messed up in my opinion.

Sorry if I sounded rude.

But the cover has been like that for at least 3yrs if not longer.

Relax Robert. I'm just busting you're balls.

But in response to you, I had an ARB cover on my D30 a while back. It didn't have those tabs. Or at least I don't remember them. I've since sold that cover because I needed the tie-rod clearance. But it was more than 5yrs old.

My presence in this thread was simply to point out that you cannot get your ruffstuff cover countersunk anymore. Which is annoying.

I think the countersunk bolts are annoying. The edge of the bolt is so close to the lip that after a while or hitting rocks, they begin to deform the edge of the bolt head. Making it nearly impossible to get it tight or at least to get it to sit down flush anymore. I think the riddler wins for being as smooth as it is. But I got a good deal on the ruff stuff

I think the countersunk bolts are annoying. The edge of the bolt is so close to the lip that after a while or hitting rocks, they begin to deform the edge of the bolt head. Making it nearly impossible to get it tight or at least to get it to sit down flush anymore. I think the riddler wins for being as smooth as it is. But I got a good deal on the ruff stuff

I could fully agree with this... I HATED my beadlock rings being alum due to the bolts being counter sunk and after rubbing them on some rocks, they would smear the alum over the bolt head openings. I did find though, that a small 1/2" carbide hole saw on a drill helped alot when I needed to tighten the bolts, and to get the alum out of the way.

Yup, I hated the countersunk bolt heads on my D44 when I had it.

Like I said before, the ARB is a well engineered cover but you'll pay for it.

I love both of mine. High clearance (aka tight to the diff to clear steering), strong, protected dipstick/fill and drain plugs, and easily accessible socket cap screws.

Back