• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone recognize this beauty?

BrandonM7

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's a super long shot, but figured it was worth a try -- my nephew bought a decently built 95 and I thought based on the mods it might be someone who was active in the community. Important bits would include location -- he thinks it was built and owned in the Southwest, then transferred for military service to Hawaii (Oahu,) then sold still on Oahu. My nephew bought it from the middle person that ended up with it - actually he traded a $400 Camry for it. I think he did pretty great. It looks like a turd but a lot of the important bits were addressed so someone knew how to make a wheeler without too much wasted money.

Red 95. Turquoise power doors on it he only ran the wiring for the drivers side. Detroit in the rear D35 I visually verified - either a Detroit or Yukon since they look pretty similar. Blue Torch Fab cover. Some manner of e-locker in the front D30. Rough Country long arm lift I'm guessing 6.5", warn bumpers front and rear, no sway bars, 35" bfg mt on black ar steelies. Home made rock sliders and some plating on the unibody rails. Also some home made bracing on the LCA mounts. Some commercially available super beefy steering conversion that eliminate the inverted-y deal - I can't ID it but it's a hammered grey finish that makes me think it came in a box. A few other distinctive details I can't remember.

Any clues toward its origins would be kind of neat and much appreciated.

sBtxgq7.jpeg

QaOAWfh.jpeg

5YC1t4S.jpeg

ahhh, the north windward side of the island near sugar cane fields. Nice locale, I lived on Hickam for 8 years a long time ago and graduated from Aiea H.S.... I don't recognize the XJ, nice score though. Enjoy the wheeling up there

Back