• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Make a Homemade Welder?

87manche said:
has anyone used one of the chicago electric ones from Harboar Freight? They're super cheap.

No, but the large type would be enough to sway me away from it. Trust me, you don't wanna cheap crappy welder, especially if you're just learning.

87manche said:
on the topic of welders, has anyone used one of the chicago electric ones from Harboar Freight? They're super cheap. I'm just looking to learn to weld, and maybe make some proper bumpers for the MJ as a start.
I bought a 110v one for a little over $100 to see if it would even work half decent, it didn't. The only reason I did it is they have a 30 day return that's very simple.

weldman07747 said:
i would never use batteries to weld anything
Why not? That's what got my jeep through the 'con when I broke the axle tube! Short of having to weld on sheet metal, stick welding with batteries rocks :D

BrettM said:
I bought a 110v one for a little over $100 to see if it would even work half decent, it didn't. The only reason I did it is they have a 30 day return that's very simple.
Thanks Brett.
I guess I need to start saving pennies

Back