• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have LED lights mounted behind their grille

"In CO you can't have any red/blue/green(not sure why)"

The red and blue are fairly straight forward, but the green color is prohibited because green flashing lights are supposed to be used on ambulances. Obviously ambulances hardly ever use them or everyone would know why green was prohibited, but according to the law green is supposed to signify ambulance.

DDCxj said:
Check out http://www.awdirect.com/ , they have a real good assortment of stuff and good descriptions of what you get and what you'll need, also pretty good prices. We just picked up a new lightbar from there for one of our flatbed trucks.

hope that helps a little
Dean

I assume that is a car carrier flatbed....what company are you with?
I run a truck down here on the cape

My brother has a set behind his grill.

quick lil video
http://cherokee.groundclearance.com/albums/album19/Cimg0756.avi

Img_2864.jpg

him said:
code 3 just came out with mico LED hid-a-ways. the orange turn signals on the fender will be getting them behind the lens with a clear cut out for side warning on intersectionp
'

hope that helps

thats gay... or should i say pure rice... what is exactly the point of that? LEDs ....hehh.....better invest some money in a better camera or some more off road lights..

Purple said:
thats gay... or should i say pure rice... what is exactly the point of that? LEDs ....hehh.....better invest some money in a better camera or some more off road lights..
Maybe because he's a volenteer fire fighter.

Purple said:

I hope your house catches on fire and you lose your rig because he can't get there in time. :wave:

Purple said:

you tool bag. how about you come on down here from the cold north and lick my taint when i respond without the lights then bitch n moan i took to long to get there. the lights have a direct effect on the time it takes to get a unit out of the station. next time you open your mouth i hope its to remove the fist from your ass to put it in between those horrible teeth of yours

Last edited:
where did Mr i have federal health care and thats so ricer go? at least be upfront and post up on how your fist feels in your mouth with the nice taste of half processed corn chunks and some wheaties mush on it

lol... bl*w me mister :p!

Either we are talking about *some* professionalism... or we are talking about amateur LED lights!?and rice..... are you a volunteer? good, good to have people like you, but LED lights? Get some strobe lights or something...... or it might be possible you dont really know what LED is...
and what does it have to do that i live in canada and have federal health care:p with that topic? you know what the difference is between a guy like YOU... being a volunteer ...and a canadian firefighter volunteer ? at least here they have green flashy sirens that they GET.... they dont have to do any LAME DO-IT-YOURSELF LED lights...

well if you need an update, LED's are in on emergency viechles. we have 5 under 1 year old BLS rigs decked to the hilt with nothing but LED's.

I am not sure im understanding your stance on this matter here. its all code 3 products. i self made the brackets to install the LED's behind the grill. does this mean doing it yourself is now lame? kinda like making your own bumpers or long arms.

.... ..... ....

what the fuck. over. you using some sorta freaky code here.

how about this, you should get it

404 me caring about what your lame ass is saying. i know where i'm coming from and its pretty clear you just think you're right no matter what. so its true, you suck at life

Im not one to normally edit, so ill just add. As an offroad im sure you have heard something called "run what ya brought" jeep, ford, chevy, buggy, lots of bling, bare basics. it doesnt matter.

my brothers will the shit thats handed to them deal with the same shit that guys like me have to go and spend money out of our own pockets to do. the lights on my rig represent an investment into the community i am trying to protect. My dept just doesnt budget for giving each of its members lights. im sorry we dont meet high canadian standards.

chill ...
no need to curse at anyone......
just f*ck it, its not worth it, keep your lights... i'll keep mine... whatever... who cares about federal health? ..........

damn! you are an easy person to piss off!

Purple said:
chill ...
no need to curse at anyone......
just f*ck it, its not worth it, keep your lights... i'll keep mine... whatever... who cares about federal health? ..........

damn! you are an easy person to piss off!

You haven't pissed me off. I'm stating the situation as I see it. Its not my fault you're ignorant to other ways of life.

whatever...

let the board alone...
go to sleep instead of sitting here waiting for me... ..

Again with the ignorance. Do you honestly think im sitting here just pressing the f5 key in hopes of your response?

i have these and they are sweet, i have a few pics email me for them or im me, aim CHANNYROCKOUT, theomegapi hotmail.

i have a switch and a fuse for this, it looks rad.

Well hell, I wasn't gonna reply here but now I gotta.

I'm gonna have to do the chicken hauler thing now and put running lights all the way around the rack, all the way around at bumper level, and while I'm at it outline the windows and doors.

Figure it'll drop my mpg from 19 to about 5 just to run a big enough alternator to keep them lit.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm also gonna have to get that new ricer CB antenna that lights up every time you xmit.

Last edited:
It really pisses me off that no one takes firefighters or ems guys seriously until your house is on fire or your dad's having a heart attack.

All the new apparatus have LEDs on them in place of strobes. I don't really think fire engines look too riced out do they...

Back