• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone going up to the snow this weekend?

i say channel like 24 or 37 or something. the other weekend every channel pre-20 was packed...

24 is good. We can re-engage at the McD's on Hazel and 50 prior to heading up the hill. There will be small flock of 3 or 4 XJs from Rocklin arriving at 8:30ish, so we'll see you there, rain, snow, or shine.

sounds good

hmmm. didnt think about that.
ill look into snow levels...

yah the snow is supposed to be around 7000 ft. i think slypark is at 4000 ft?

so sly park at the highest point is only 7800 feet, starts around 3500.

i dont think we will see much snow.
i think youre right, rain and slush.

"Beginning elevation is 3500 feet, with the high point at about 7800"
- http://www.chainreaction.com/emigranttrail.htm

maybe push it back since its supposed to rain and snow this next week?

Sounds good, Jon. In addition to the warm weather, we also had some other cancellations, so let's try this again another time. We'll take a look at next weekend for starters.

i think this coming weekend i wont be able to make it up but who knows. any weekend after this next one im good...

Hey all ... I was up on the Emigrant Trail this last weekend (3/5). Going in at 9:30 was not a problem but coming out at 2:00 there was LOTS of slush and the snow was soft. One guy in a F150 w/ no lift was having to dig out every 100 yards or so. He had some buddies with him so there was lots of manpower. One good samaritan broke a strap trying to drag him out.

If it doesn't get a lot colder it will probably be a real mess next weekend.

Hey all ... I was up on the Emigrant Trail this last weekend (3/5). Going in at 9:30 was not a problem but coming out at 2:00 there was LOTS of slush and the snow was soft. One guy in a F150 w/ no lift was having to dig out every 100 yards or so. He had some buddies with him so there was lots of manpower. One good samaritan broke a strap trying to drag him out.

If it doesn't get a lot colder it will probably be a real mess next weekend.

This is good to know. Thanks alot

Back