• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have a summer sunday car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several...an 88' M3 scca car....71 240z scca car but the summer drivers are...69 dodge Super Bee 440/late model od trans /factory air/frame off resto.
MVC-016S.jpg

An an 01 zuki TLR 1000

MVC-037S.jpg

I really miss my 911 at this time of the year. Too bad it was sold ~7 years ago. <sniff>

I casually look in the auto trader for a something sporty but can't make up my mind on what to get as a fixer-upper. Now that I have kids I'll never be able to afford a 911 again...

Was thinking about a Triumph spitfire or an MGB with a modern engine stuck in it. Sounds like a lot of work.

Like all the old muscle cars - but either you pay high prices or have lots of work.

I dunno, just dreamin' I guess.

r@m

Notice something about this thread?

EVERYONE that has/had a nice car/truck/bike as posted PICTURES of them...........Where's Zmoz's?

Storydude said:
Notice something about this thread?

EVERYONE that has/had a nice car/truck/bike as posted PICTURES of them...........Where's Zmoz's?

He spent all his money on his boats, cars, and RV storage facilities - so he can't afford a digital camera, duh. :roflmao:

In all fairness, I did get this picture of him. It's a little grainy, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

james-bond-jump-100dpi.JPG

Well, I don't have digital pics of all my toys, but those that have met me know I wouldn't lie about them

Had, a few years back, a 68 Camaro. Black with a 350 that I built. Fun car but had to sell it to have money for college.
Now I have a customized 81 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate. Been repainted and such. Almost forgot, bought the fiance a 97 GS500E.
Also, 2000 Yamaha Bear Tracker 4 wheeler (bought for fiance) and a 2002 KTM 200 EXC dirt bike. I can have more toys for the money, if I go with the open air LOL

Also, my Jeep is my warm weather toy as the DD is an 02 Cavalier-don't be jealous

JeepCrawler98 said:
He spent all his money on his boats, cars, and RV storage facilities - so he can't afford a digital camera, duh. :roflmao:

Right, but if I post my digital camera info then he'll brag about how his is better. ;)

BlackSport96 said:
I think it'd be fun to get a Fiero (one of the later years, 87 or so) and swap in a Bonneville SSEi 3800 Series SC'd V6.

Easily done. Well, maybe not easily, but do-able. A friend of mine in Savannah just did this to his '87, I think. Me says he burns the wheels any time he wants...(and it's an auto). You can put Northstars in these too, but it's a jobbinahaff.

copperhead said:
I think the old Fiero GT's are underappreciated. Those cars had some potential.

Thank you, I feel the same way. They got a bad rep early on, and unfortunately it just stuck. I love my Fiero. It's a biatch to work on the motor though.

Spark plugs? Fuhgeddabouddit...

KaHOnas said:
Easily done. Well, maybe not easily, but do-able. A friend of mine in Savannah just did this to his '87, I think. Me says he burns the wheels any time he wants...(and it's an auto). You can put Northstars in these too, but it's a jobbinahaff.

One of the guys in the local club had a Fiero GT with a 400cid SBC shoe horned into it. He's since moved out to Vancouver.

Went like a scalded cat.

I always thought the Fiero was an underrated car also, especially the 87-88s with the revised suspension and 5 speed.

r@m

I test drove an 87 GT with the 2.8 and 5 speed. It handled great, was quite quick (I felt like I could outrun a Vette (knew I couldn't but it was the feeling that counts), and that engine behind your head was quite the nice sound and feeling.

Root Moose said:
One of the guys in the local club had a Fiero GT with a 400cid SBC shoe horned into it.

I actually had the distint pleasure of test driving an '84 SE (originally a 4-banger) in NY w/ some minor* mods. Sweet ride.

*Minor = 350 roller motor (engine?) from an '89 GTA, 5-spd swap, suspension drop, koni adjustables, front/back sway bars, and fatty brakes. Just minor though:laugh3:

BlackSport96 said:
I test drove an 87 GT with the 2.8 and 5 speed. It handled great, was quite quick (I felt like I could outrun a Vette (knew I couldn't but it was the feeling that counts), and that engine behind your head was quite the nice sound and feeling.

I know what you mean. It can hold it's own though. I mean, yeah, it might not be able to outrun a 'vette, but at 2500lbs, and 140hp, it was plenty quick. And it handles really well.

I have my conspiracy theory about the death of the Fiero. I think in '89 they were gonna turbocharge it (kinda like what they did with the TTA's) or put a Grand National engine in it and piss off Corvette. I can dream. It wouldn't have taken a whole lot to make the 'vette look bad in those days.

Not necessarily for Sunday or a car but good for the summer.
F350 PS dump with my Kubota Grand L 3130 GST. I never had a sandbox when I grew up.

b8fb.jpg

Ray H said:
Not necessarily for Sunday or a car but good for the summer.
F350 PS dump with my Kubota Grand L 3130 GST. I never had a sandbox when I grew up.

Nice...nice. I like Komatsu's myself, since they're built here in Chattavegas, but I don't think they make a smaller-than-a-factory size.

I think your picture link is dead though.

ghettocruiser said:
Ill chime in...hope you dont mind pics tho...
87 Trans AM

265998_39_full.jpg

265998_16_full.jpg

265998_25_full.jpg

I even used to drive it in the bad weather... :/
265998_28_full.jpg

Justin

NICE T/A!...i had an 86 before i found the SS i have now.

Ray H said:
No pic on your side???

Nope. Got nothin'...might be me. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back