• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Around Cincinnati, OH??

Cowmanche

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to find anyone that would want to go out to Harlan, Livingston, Natural Bridge, basically anywhere in KY worth going. I have yet to go this year and have the spring fever BAD!!!!

-Nick

We're doing Big Rock on Saturday. Leaving from the east side of town, but I don'[t know about a time just yet...

Robert

I will be setting up several runs to those places in the coming week, stay tuned.

Here's the link...

But not a hell of a lot of info. I guess it was just atv's, and the jeep section is fairly new...

Even if it's mediocre, it's a lot closer than the Bridge...

We'll see!

Robert

Yeah I have read all about it on the site. Just let me know when your heading over there I might as well try it too.

If Big Rock is the place I'm thinking of Nate (87Manche) said it was about half a joke. They have a good potential, but it was over run with ATV's. On that note we as a chapter could look into assisting in setting up trails, and obstacles.

I am in Lebanon. There are several clubs in the area. I am a member of TKO Trailriders. We meet at Toot's on Montgomery Rd just north of Fields-Ertel. Meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of the month with trailrides on the following weekend. Next meeting is on the 10th.

We went to Big Rock back in January. It has potential but was really muddy and there weren't many trails. Not bad for a day trip but there are much better places available for another hour or so of driving.

Last edited:
scoobyxj said:
If Big Rock is the place I'm thinking of Nate (87Manche) said it was about half a joke. They have a good potential, but it was over run with ATV's. On that note we as a chapter could look into assisting in setting up trails, and obstacles.

not only were ATvs a serious problem, but you can expect serious body damage at that place, the trails just aren't wide enough.
Also, there's no trail map and none of the trails are marked, so take a compass.

Cowmanche said:
Trying to find anyone that would want to go out to Harlan, Livingston, Natural Bridge, basically anywhere in KY worth going. I have yet to go this year and have the spring fever BAD!!!!

-Nick

FYI

There are three of us from Cincy area going to Harlan May 23rd thru 27th
Also we are planning to check out the Hillz & Hollerz park soon, maybe BRIANHO13 will be ready in the next couple weeks?

I am down in the Louisville area and went to HillznHollarz this past weekend. All I can say is "WOW". Lots of land, lots of trails... Def. worth checking out.

I am currently building my XJ, but I run a 73 K5 right now...

Yea I talked to Jeremy (steelfish) He said you all only hit about 200 acres of the 800.

Some of my local club went to Hillz & Hollerz last weekend and they said it was great and very well worth doing again! I have a delivery at your place wednesday, maybe i'll have Steve call you to shipping when I get there.
Digger

Yeah I would love to hear about it. I'm thinking about going Saturday for the day. I have the itch bad, I need to hit some trails.

Cowmanche said:
Yeah I would love to hear about it. I'm thinking about going Saturday for the day. I have the itch bad, I need to hit some trails.

Well, if you decide on Big Rock, we're meeting at the Frisch's / IGA parking lot in New Richmond at 7:45 Saturday...

Robert

Back