• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody know about PCS standalone TCU?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have a 1985 Cadillac DeVille with a hydraulic 440-T4 transmission, no electronics other than simple stuff like lockup converter and speedo sensor, everything else is driven by fluid pressure and vacuum load. Anyway it is having some slip issues and I am looking to switch in a late-model 4T60-E electronic transmission instead of rebuilding the hydraulic, since there are a lot more options available. Obviously my car isnt setup for electronic transmission, so I am looking around for standalone TCUs that will work with the 4T60-E

From what I have found, PCS TCM-2000 looks like the market leader and seems pretty nice quality (lots of cable sets, complete documentation, etc), but I don't know anything about them other than what I see on their site.

Anybody know anything about them, or alternatives, or anything like that?

ps--of possible relevance and interest to NAXJA, they have cable sets for Chrysler 42LE and 545RFE, and they also have a lot of paddle shifter options

Call their main number and patch through to the support desk and ask, they have been pretty friendly and helpful to me so far. You can also download the PDF docs for the TCM-2000 and study that. Based on what I have read so far, it looks like the controller is a simple logic box, looking at things like TPS and OSS, gear selection (paddle shifter) and stuff like that, then doing whatever you tell it to do. They have cable sets for specific transmissions but I think you can use anything if you are willing to make your own harness and if they are able to get the signal they need.

ps--something interesting for your race applications, they have extensive logging for primary and secondary inputs so you can do things like record TPS position and MAP pressure and trans temperature and study it all later. I think these are mostly used for hot-rod applications anyway, only question is if they can work with the AW4 which should work fine (but call them and ask).

Last edited:
Back