• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody have a subaru ?????

Yucca-Man said:
Dang Kris - forgot you had that along with the stable of Jeeps. What kind of carrying capacity does it really have?

you know im not really sure....i know i've had at least 400 lbs in the backend, when i was moving from one spot to another.

My new daily driver is an '05 Legacy GT...we call it the STi for grownups :)

It's a hoot to drive, and we got a hell of a deal with it at the end of last year.

-Ryan

I love Legacy GT's...i test drove one and they are surprisingly fast...i think they are something like 265+ hp...not bad for a family car....i would definately knock the boost up a little
wink.gif

Shmity said:
I love Legacy GT's...i test drove one and they are surprisingly fast...i think they are something like 265+ hp...not bad for a family car....i would definately knock the boost up a little ;)

Same motor as a STi I believe just a smaller turbo.

Anyways, here's my old 03 WRX.

Bone stock except for tinted windows

WRXpics009.jpg

Right here pretty much stage 3, bigger turbo, injectors, and all that good stuff....this was right before lowered it. and had FMIC sitting in my room just waiting to go in....

wrx6.jpg

WRXpics046.jpg

Unfortunately, had to part it out and sell it. Hoping to be back in a Subie someday soon though.

To the OP, nice RS. Knew a couple dudes with the STi swap in their RS. Really fun to drive. You just swapping the engine or going to do the whole drivetrain and tranny?

i currently have an 02 wrx that i can not wait to get rid of. Almost 4 years ago when i bought that car i wish i could of just skipped over it and bought something different. I do like the forresters and legacy's not a big fan of the wrx. Drove a few sti's not a big fan. I don't really like how they communicate to the driver. But i will say that the wrx is a pretty fast car for what it is bone stock. But you start adding stuff to it and that tranny just can not keep up with you. soon the wrx will be gone and ill be replacing it with a corvette hopefully so we shall see

to op, definietly a nice rs, those cars are sweet. Always liked the look of the coupes

Matt

Shmity said:
used to be strickly a track car but now she's a garage batch until winters over

why is it in the garage till winter is over?

thanks for the compliments...reason it's in the garage is because i've got a pretty expensive paint job on it and the salt in ohio like to take a few bites out of it....now i have my jeep up and going (except this weekend i yanked the motor mount off the block and drove it 45 minutes home) and at teh current moment i'm in school in PA and not looking to put the miles on the car

hopefully next winter i'll be pulling the stock 2.5 and dropping in the STi motor (along w/ cross member and wiring harness) and also the driveline...the only thing i'm not sure on is usuing the stock STi tranny or building a wrx tranny...i have heard from a few people who have done this that by running a wrx tranny (5 spd) that it spreads the gears out better instead of the STi's (6 spd)..but on the other hand i want it to be reliable and the STi tranny is made to handle all that the motor can give it....in the end i want to make my car look to be like newer STi's but in a 2dr, since they don't make them....well at least not in the US

Jeepster..nice wrx...those colors are very rare...well at least nice ones

93xj...damn you...j/k.....really nice...especially for a dd

never been much on yellow....tho if they made the wrx wagon in that brand new o6 green color i'd trade my baja in on it. its a gorgeous leafgreen color. unfortunately it just comes on the outback sport (unless i got the model wrong, probably so)

you just need to move to a state that doesn't use salt

out here i thinnk there are just as many subies as diesel trucks (that might be pushing it) but I don't think they garage in the winter, no matter how much snow is on the groud

We have a '99 outback, wife's car. Bought it new in '99, has just shy of 200k miles on it now. Great cars. Unfortunately we got the Phase I EJ25, so at about 120k miles I got to hone my head gasket replacing skills. I've turned a lot of wrenches on subarus for friends since buying one, and I can say these cars are very well engineered, well built, and a pleasure to work on.

I used to prefer driving the outback to my '01 XJ, but since I put on the Teraflex rear disc conversion we both now prefer the XJ. It's amazing what having rear brakes that work will do for the safety of the XJ. I run studded snows on both of them. I have Nokian Hakkapellittas on the suby, it's the most amazing snow vehicle on earth wearing those shoes. The XJ is a little more tempermental in the snow, a little weight in the rear makes it nicer though. Can't wait to finally get my 242 tcase installed. I won't have a shop again until July.

Long live Subarus and Jeeps!!

PS: I own a turbo diesel VW as well, when I want to get 50MPG I use that.

While my XJ has been on jack stands, the Subaru has been a great replacement. More room actually. The trick is to convince your wife that the turbo is the only way to go. Now if I just need to find cheap used STI parts.
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Bought an 05 Outback XT (t is for turbo, kiddies!) 5 speed right before christmas. I love this car as a DD. Thought I would regret having a manual, but it's awesome. I already bought all the stage 2 stuff for it, but I am not allowed to turn a single wrench on this until I get my other three prjects (87 Saleen, 97 ugly XJ and 75 3/4 ton tow rig) done. Stage 2 put down around 310-320 foot pounds and 275 HP at the wheels and turn sub 13 second quarters. In a STATION WAGON!

the turbo boost is addictive. a few things I don't like: Outback sits up 3 inches higher than the Legacy GT, which I wanted but couldn't find one in a manual. Fair amount of body roll in the corners. Really soft dampening. Cluth engagement sucks, its either on or off. Tough to modulate, easy to smoke if you do it wrong. I probably kill it at a stop light 10-15 times a week. You would think I wouldn't know how to drive a stick.

I have already wheeled it (I wheel ALL my vehicles, shoulda seen my diesel benz in the mud and the amount of granit rash under the crossmembers of my old altima!). got stuck in it. Jes had to strap me out (I am sure he has a pic).

Drove a blown M3 when we were DINKs, and this subaru puts almost as many smiles on my face. I am just too old for the STi boy-racer graphics (and insurance) and this little sleeper wagon does it for me.

SeanP

Back