• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Upstate NY XJers?

if one of you NY guys can get us a date and a CONFIRMED LEGAL trail i guarantee we can get some guys to turn out.. and northwest Ma isnt far from you guys at all.. come out for the trail cleanup in april...

I spoke to the ranger in charge of the Nobleboro, and Bull Hill trails, and he said that they will not be opening the Bull Hill trail this year, but may be opening up another trail that has been closed for the last couple of years, due to a "club" that will remain un named. According to the ranger the Bull Hill trail may not be open this year in order for it to mend, but he told me to call back in May when they go and inspect its condition. He said that the Nobleboro trail will be opening on schedule some where around May 5-12th, depending on the trail condition, but they were going to be doing some bridge work. Believe it or not, but he said that they still have a couple feet of snow in the woods, and the snowmobiles are still very active up there. I'm looking forward to maybe running this "new" trail that he is talking about, he said that it ends up at a pond with a great camp site, but rates it very difficult, can't wait to test the waters. I'll keep ya posted.

I have been thinking about joining you guys for your trail cleanup...we will see how my schedual plays out.

Steele.....If you want someone to tag along...let me know when you are planning the nobleboro run. I would be interested.

sayit said:
I have been thinking about joining you guys for your trail cleanup...we will see how my schedual plays out.

we can use all the help we can get!! i've been told north adams is only an hour from albany via Rt 2 up thruogh troy...

I m in the Oneonta/Cooperstown area and there are some short runs(anywhere from a mile upwards to 7 or miles)mostly old mountain logging roads(real old)nothing too rough but enough to be a bit of a challenge .... especially now that its real wet/muddy.
We have permission from several private land owners which is pretty cool and also there is a tract of land that is well I m not sure about it looks like it had been logged about 10 years ago and everyone just goes there and nobody has a problem with it though those trails aren t all that good(though there are some good mountain bike trails in there)

I used to live in Westchester but my family lives in fishkill now and visit every year is there no snow wheelin upstate anywhere. I Live in Ca now but visit my fam once a year around thanksgiving. Maybe next time out I will see if you guys are planning a run.

Barchack said:
Binghamton here!
Someone should set up a listserv for Upstate wheelers so we can get in contact without having to subscribe to 8000 different threads.

This thread is only a little old :doh:

But I live 10 min N of Albany :spin1:

Back