• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Michigan XJ pics

xjowens

NAXJA Forum User
Hi , i'm Mike from michigan . New to the site . Gotta 93 sport 4.0 H.O. , 4.5" lift , 31" Grabbers . Seems every xj I see around me is bone stock ! I seen 1 lonely mildly lifted xj when up around traverse . Am I the only one around S.E. Michigan ? Or Michigan period ? If not , lets see em ! I'll post my pic on here as soon as I figure out how to !

quite a few folks over at gl4x4 , not so many jeeps though ! I really hope we had a few more naxja folks around the area ! chime in if your close .

IMG_0966.jpg

its not exactly modified

yet

but i am in michigan and a huge XJ fan

(farmington hills to be exact)

mine is a 99' limited, pretty much stock except for a 2" OME life
money is kinda tight right now for me but when i get some spare cash im going to start adding on to her

also, if anyone is interested i might be selling a black 98 XJ limited that is pretty much exactly the same as this one but in better condition
it has just over 100k miles, tan leather interior, 242 transfer case, the infinity sound system with the components up front instead of the 2 way speaker cherokees usually come with.
if anyone is interested just pm me and ill get you some pictures

No pics...and not in Mi, but in NW Ohio. Most of our wheeling is in MI, though. Check out Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association (GLFWDA.org), also. The association is your voice in MI for land use, etc...basically your link to the legislation to keep the ORV routes & trails open for full-size use. They have a gallery on the site with a lot of pics from rides throughout MI and some from other areas.

BTW...2000 XJ, RE 3.5, 31" ProComp XMT's, JCR sliders, Nates 4x4 front bumper modified for my "vintage" Warn 8274. And I agree...way too many stock XJ's around NW Ohio & SE Michigan. When I feel like 3.5" isn't enough I just park by a stocker in a parking lot and then I don't feel so small.

Last edited:
You're not the only one in Michigan, I just moved here. Although I'm in the U.P.
Da YooPee? St. Ignace, Sault St. Marie, Marquette?

The gent who lived next door to me in Petoskey, MI 15 years ago (holy crap, it *REALLY* is that long ago,) was asleep in his bunk when the Mesquite foundered off Keweenaw Point. He mentioned it was an experience he really didn't want to repeat.

www.michiganwheelers.com is another good site.

And there are quite a few XJ's popping up in michigan. Still only a couple dozen "big" rigs that i know of.

My buddy and I are from Bay City.
IMG_0619.jpg

Mine also will not be on the road much anymore... its just getting to expensive

www.michiganwheelers.com is another good site.

And there are quite a few XJ's popping up in michigan. Still only a couple dozen "big" rigs that i know of.

My buddy and I are from Bay City.
IMG_0619.jpg

Mine also will not be on the road much anymore... its just getting to expensive

hey kyle!!

i am from the gr area have a few xj's all are modified, name is brad. welcome to the area...also have a brother that lives in traverse area drives a 97 xj with 3" lift and 31 mts

heres me
IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

Hey Brad,

That xj looks familiar!!! :D Had a chance to take it out and do any wheeling with it yet besides posin' in the snow? Hehe...

Mark

hey kyle!!

i am from the gr area have a few xj's all are modified, name is brad. welcome to the area...also have a brother that lives in traverse area drives a 97 xj with 3" lift and 31 mts

heres me
IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

Awesome rigs everyone , I go up through bay city quite often , got a bro in law in kalkaska graying area . If you guys plan an outing shoot me a pm , I'll make the drive if i'm free . I gotta find more spots to wheel , I'm goin nuts hitting the same few spots , just a little too busy with work to plan a trip too far out west or something !

cool , I am "planned" to go on the stands come april ........ Control arm drops , control arms , 33/13.5/15 swampers ,Rock crawler D's , teraflex steering , leaf braket drops , bpe's , shocks , brake lines , gears later summer ....... nothing too serious , but hey if I can break it sooner I gotta get on the ball and fix it right ? LMK I'm up for anything reasonable . What ya got goin on while your up on stands ?

hey kyle, it is a 8.25, mark you could've answered that! haha. this was not only posin i broke 2 front axleshafts that day! but i think im getting the hang of it though

Back