• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Mensa members on NAXJA?

the only people I know that are concerned with Mensa are those that aren't members. I've been a member. I normally don't tell anyone because it creates stupidity from otherwise intelligent beings. Besides, unless you have taken the full battery of "IQ" tests, you may or may not be as "smart" as the test makers think you are from your score, and what good is a test score on what you have been exposed to over the years of your life? I much prefer people with working brains over genius club members.

I've only met one person that I know was a member of mensa. She was 50 and still lived with her parents :dunno: and it wasn't to take care of them. I'm sure that isn't the norm, just my only impression.

Not any more.

I jumped over Mensa an went direct to six sigma.

How far did you go Tom? How were the classes? We are just about to start them here at work?

urban yan ;245120465 said:
My business partner's dad knew three brothers that died together while stealing copper ... from a live hydro post.
I would classify them as the undisputed Darwin Award Champs.

Had a guy here in colorado do something like that a few years back. There was a new group of houses being built out in a new area of town. Xcel was called because a transformer had blown at the build site. When they arrived they found pieces of a guy everywhere.

Had a guy here in colorado do something like that a few years back. There was a new group of houses being built out in a new area of town. Xcel was called because a transformer had blown at the build site. When they arrived they found pieces of a guy everywhere.

Extra Crispy

It's ironic that Mensa is just one vowel away from menso, which translates to stupid in Spanish....

How far did you go Tom? How were the classes? We are just about to start them here at work?[\QUOTE]

Actually we are referring to different things. Back in the early 70's there was a group somewhat like Mensa that had a six sigma deviation from normal as their requirement. They did some stuff in Scientific American. I joined way back then. I think they went bust.

As far as Six Sigma training, I am doing a green belt project at the moment to be followed by a black belt project soon after. We actually have a certified teacher at our company who teaches it.

Personally, I think it is mostly BS. It tries to take common sense and distill it down to a set of tasks and rules. I'll take common sense any day over trying to fit a square problem and fit it into a round hole solution. It looks good on paper and in school, but when the rubber meets the road in real life, the problems rarely are all nice, neat, and wrapped up with a bow.

Why is it that MBA's always think they can solve the worlds problems by taking some data, running it through their processes, and come out with a simple clear consise answer. Life if dirty and messy and hates to follow rules.

Back