• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anak’s Painstakingly Detailed Armor & Tail Lights Write-up (Dialup Beware)

Double post FML..

Re: Anak’s Painstakingly Detailed Armor & Tail Lights Write-up (Dialup Beware)

Armor and lights look good. Good call on the trailer light adapter. I was scratchin' my head for awhile before I figured out to do it on mine.

Last edited:
Good work, Tom. Now make the table we discussed for the rub rails!

Edit:
I can attest to how well those brake lights pop. This photo was taken from probably a half mile away with a big lens.

September_AAT_-_19-me.jpg

Cool pic.

Thank you.

One of my justifications for this job was the number of XJs I have seen on C/L that have been rear-ended and thus totalled. Getting the attention of the texting masses before they hit me is worth a bit of effort.

I should also note that The Bride immediately responded about someone's remark about my patience and said patience is not her word for it. I think she was alluding to some comparison to a mule that she thinks somehow fits me. :dunno:

Great article. Extremely detailed and well written.

I was told I didn't build that, so I quit building things. For other people anyways.

My own body also told me I should knock it off, by means of a hernia. It at least made the decision easier.

Now I home school The Varmints and The Bride has gone back to the mushroom farm. We traded roles. It is not quite conventional, but it works for now.

What I used to be was a general contractor, but what is probably more relevant is what I did before that: Manufacturing Engineering for Hooker Headers, including first article development (that would be the manufacturing side of getting a new product from design and into production for those who don't speak manufacturingese). I have spent a good bit of time banging my head against other people's designs and specifications in an effort to end up with something that actually works.

Hooker was a great company to work for until Holley bought them and made a complete mess of a cash cow. :dunce:

Back