• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ammsterdam!

ECKSJAY said:
:rolleyes:

hos·tel (hstl) n.

1. A supervised, inexpensive lodging place for travelers, especially young travelers.
2. An inn; a hotel.
What are'u ? Some freekin' languages major. English, Spanish....what's next...Ukrainian?

ECKSJAY said:
:rolleyes:

hos·tel (hstl) n.

1. A supervised, inexpensive lodging place for travelers, especially young travelers.
2. An inn; a hotel.

I didn't spell it correctly in the first place so you guys would have more to post about.
Caleb

Bob's Hostel wasn't too bad a stay. Right across the street from the 'GrassHopper Cafe' I believe. Better convenience than a 7-11. :D

Been there, cheap dirty place to visit. Be sure to get a beer with a green cap, they are brewed right down the street from the dam square. (cool brewery tour too!). Dont bring a camera into the red light district, or you will have some crazy naked chick chasing you down the street yelling stuff in dutch at you (or so ive heard...). They have beer in pop machines in your hotel. Be sure to check out the toilets, they are fricken wierd (as if everything else in the town isnt). Also, if you get a chance to visit copenhagen, do it. Great party town, minimal law enforcement, and the most amazing women I have every laid eyes on (hope my g.f. doesnt read this). Have fun, dont get on the plane back home stoned or you may meet mr. glove.

Last time I was in Amsterdam was either 1995 or 1996... For some reason, I forget ;)

One thing to be careful of: there's a park in the city that's basically a no-go zone for the cops. I forget its name (I think it may be People's Park, but I could be confusing Holland with Berkeley here), but it's pretty much the hard-core junkie haven. Unless you like discarded used syringes, human excrement, and muggings, it is *best* avoided.

And yes, despite what you may have heard... Amsterdam does have street crime. If you're going to get seriously toasted, do it to the point where you're not obviously incapacitated.

Back