• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am I missing something? (hub removal-Ujoint)

xjnation,

What I mean is the inner axle shaft came out when I pulled out my axle shaft. There is a male end on the inner axle shaft and a female end on the (outer?) axle shaft. It came out as a whole. Could this have caused a problem if I didnt use the right procedure or whatever to put it back in?

On the hub...I didnt mean the hub itself was grinding or turning hard. That turns fine. Its not freeturning but with a bit of work it turns smooth. What I mean is that when I put the axle shaft back in and then bolted on the hub I turned the shaft and it had the grinding noise....coming from the axle housing/differential. The axle shafts fit in there snug like they did when I first started this so I think I made a mistake somewhere. I hope I explained this a little bit better.

thanks in advance

-Dillon

EDIT: I am not sure but I think it might have somethign to do with the vacuum-disconnect

Back