• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aluminum expansion tank ?'s

Chuckanut

NAXJA Forum User
Well found out my plastic bottle has a crack in it and pissing coolant everywhere. So I ordered a Moroso aluminum tank. Who has done this? I was wondering if you could post pics of install/ hose routing. I'm wondering because it's got 3 areas for connections. I was wondering if the overflow outlet needs to be capped or a hose connected and routed somehwere. Oh this is on an 89 Renix. Thanks

Buy a Chinese pressure bottle, $28; use a Volvo cap on the bottle, $8.

Or spend the big bucks--your choice.

I'll stick the aluminum. I'll never have to worry about it again. I've been reading about people going through 3 platics or so before they find a good one

I'll stick the aluminum. I'll never have to worry about it again. I've been reading about people going through 3 platics or so before they find a good one

I think the aluminum is pretty cool.

The point Joe and I are trying to make for anyone reading this thread, is that an $8 Volvo cap, part # 703-1396 at Napa, can solve 95% of the leaking coolant bottle issues, even if the bottle isn't an expensive one.

Back