• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alaska Off Road Warriors

Yes it is.
I like how that one guy was so pissed about running over trees. So we should not move any trees that are over grown on the trails?

I also like the fact that the rigs are beaters, and not the normal 50k+ rig that we would normally see in a show like this.

I would fit right in.

Those assholes give every off-roader a bad name. They fulfill every treehugger's image of what the typical 4wd enthusiast does every time they leave the pavement.

I also like the fact that the rigs are beaters, and not the normal 50k+ rig that we would normally see in a show like this.

I would fit right in.

Yeah, all of them need to work on some serious approach angle issues but it is cool that they're not JKs. (Even though "Super Jeep" is a POS.) The part where they were trying to cross that creek bed had me laughing.

Those assholes give every off-roader a bad name. They fulfill every treehugger's image of what the typical 4wd enthusiast does every time they leave the pavement.

Meh, they're going to think what they want anyway. Same thing with 90% of the off road youtube videos out there. You're right though, any little thing gives opponents ammunition. It sucks that we can't have decent entertainment without worrying about that.

The woman driver irritates me.

In all fairness... the wild Bill guy dropped a bottle cap and picked it up and put it in his pocket and said "Nothing left behind".... But Tree huggers are going to hate offroaders by default anyway.

I love wild Bill's and the mullet guys attitude.. these guys are a blast. The show is great entertainment.

I guess that's the bottom line anyway, it's meant to be entertainment.

Why else would you watch 5 pairs race across the Alaskan Wilderness on what appears to be an old mining road, with mostly small engines, large tires, and open diffs :D

I didn't see any Auto Manufactures as a Sponsor, not even Jeep; seems to be a Polaris deal.

There must also be a support truck somewhere?
You don't travel hours at part to full throttle, and not use a pot load of fuel.

Yes it is.
I like how that one guy was so pissed about running over trees. So we should not move any trees that are over grown on the trails?

I've seen that tree hugger thing backfire on them numerous times. I was doing Condor watch above Gorman near Frazier peak, they had closed the area to off road vehicles so as not to disturb the Condors. The trail became overgrown and the next fire, the Forestry Firefighters couldn't get to the Condor preserve before they all burnt to death. In effect overprotecting them hastened their extinction.

Jeep trails in brush country are an ecosystem, the grass and weeds that grow along side the tracks support an ecosystem that the brush won't. By closing down the off road trails, the tree hugger purists are just swapping one ecosystem for another.

Their back to nature outlook and policies have a domino effect that may or may not have the desired outcome. They have a vision that may or may not equate to reality. But they seem to be able to push through their agenda no matter what the eventual outcome.

I just saw last night's episode. Didn't see the first two. I'll have to go back and watch them on the computer.

I enjoyed the show, for what it is. I thought that the competitors made more out of some of the obstacles than was necessary. Perhaps it is just editing and angles, but that boulder field didn't seem that menacing.

I wonder why the one guy that kept bending his tie rod didn't sleeve it with his highjack handle. I also wonder why the guys in the old Toyota never wear their seatbelts.

Unfortunately, even though my girls go off-roading with me all the time I can't share this show with them due to the language. Them's some rough characters.

i'm 1/2 way thru episode 2 now and it's still somewhat entertaining. just like every other show these days, it's pretty obvious they selected the competitors based on character and entertainment value.
the opening narrative says that an off road club posted the $100 K prize, but it doesnt get into anything else. these people are obviously not from the same club and i still dont understand where SuperJeep and the Rover-douche fit into it. without them it just seems like a bunch of local no-budget rednecks got drunk and said " i bet you i can drive my rig across the state faster than you can" then left the next morning without much prep.
so far, Rover-Douche fits the steroetype of every Rover club i've ever met on the trails or pavement. holier than thou, and don't waste any time making it known that they are from a better class of people.

Great episode. It seams most of them don't wear seatbelts. It's alaska, why would you?

i'm 1/2 way thru episode 2 now and it's still somewhat entertaining. just like every other show these days, it's pretty obvious they selected the competitors based on character and entertainment value.
the opening narrative says that an off road club posted the $100 K prize, but it doesnt get into anything else. these people are obviously not from the same club and i still dont understand where SuperJeep and the Rover-douche fit into it. without them it just seems like a bunch of local no-budget rednecks got drunk and said " i bet you i can drive my rig across the state faster than you can" then left the next morning without much prep.
so far, Rover-Douche fits the steroetype of every Rover club i've ever met on the trails or pavement. holier than thou, and don't waste any time making it known that they are from a better class of people.

Mako, your question is answered during the "On Next week's episode" of episode 3. Sid, you'll enjoy the third episode I think.

Over all it's a entertaining show.

At the risk of making myself feel old, and some of you guy's look young.
When I was a young whippersnapper, I remember watching Roller Derby
on my black and white tv. As entertaining as it was, even as a 6 year old
I knew it wasn't the equivalent to a major sporting event.

Same go's for this show. The personalities of the Guy's and the Gal is as
entertaining as any part of the show. What had me rollin during last nights show is when I saw that dog bouncing around on the front seat and wound up doin a face plant on the floor board.

it seems like they are actually following a dirt road/logging road part the time. I wonder if the jantz4x4 is the actual jantz guy?

edit:
yep its him:
http://www.jantz4x4.com/jantz.php

I bet he has some legit axles under that thing.

You would think that after you get knocked out from hitting your face you would put on your seat belt. I guess it's a mullet thing.:banghead:

Back